💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana Del Rey at Coachella review – a disappointingly lifeless start to the festival

Teletubby

Featured Posts

high culture

I am a long time Lana fan and watched the live stream

The thing about a Lana show .. they're all kind of the same and yes they are kind of low energy. The exhilaration of going to Lana show is just knowing that you are in the presence of your lord and savior and listening to the words come from the source. 

I thought her intro with the motorcycles was a big slay! I think for the first song or so her voice wasn't completely warmed up, but her vocals did get better. Her setlist is always a bit predictable, save for the few randoms she changes up here and there. I thought having Billie on was cool.. Billie vocals lowkey ate Lana up on video games 😭. Overall I don't know if anyone was ever going to hold her to Beyonce or Lady Gaga Coachella standards, but Lana always does keep a standard setlist for the year. I was hoping she would put up a HUGE production... thankfully my hopes weren't too high 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
9 minutes ago, high culture said:

Lady Gaga Coachella standards

🧢

Ziggy
On 4/13/2024 at 2:11 PM, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I mean, when she sang, her vocals were heavenly! Better than the record tbh. 

But yeah wbk Lana has no stage presence unfortunately. She's like a classic jazz singer though and her living in this world where she has to sell a show or whatever just may mean she doesn't fit that box.

Some people just ARE awkward and no amount of media training or choreo will fix that. She's always come off very intimidated by large amounts of fans and the whole tour thing in general. I think she'd be happiest just making music and not being forced to tour. 

I…don’t think she’s like a classic jazz singer lol they’re actually quite known to be performers lmao

she’s a studio artist and that’s her appeal for the terminally online folks they’re talking about. She makes beautiful art left to her own devices

tbh she’s just not built for a festival like Coachella. The point of being a headliner is mass appeal. That’s really not her thing. She herself seems to not like that even. She’s fantastic, gorgeously realized artist but don’t put a cat in a pool and expect it to swim lol that’s the mistake folks keep making for her. Ofc fans will love it but like I said that’s not the point of a festival headliner lol

• Like 1

Ziggy
On 4/13/2024 at 2:32 PM, olive specter said:

girls that get it get it 

girls who don't don't

some people think circus show is the only thing worth watching, some people just like good music and it's enough

but i'm not surprised that people felt her show was boring, half of the audience probably listens to sped up songs because their brain is rotted by tiktok, it's coachella - what else can you expect

that's not lana's fault tho

Girl :laughga:

shes not a festival headliner. It’s just not her bag. Yes, a festival headliner should be a big, grand, mass appeal performance. That’s why the biggest names are there lol

stevana229

I never understood why people act like Lana is SOOOO talented... I think they just like the aesthetic... she doesn't really have charisma, flat vocals, not really a performer, very slow songs... idk.. I like her but my god 

ProfessionalClown
On 4/13/2024 at 2:11 PM, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I mean, when she sang, her vocals were heavenly! Better than the record tbh. 

But yeah wbk Lana has no stage presence unfortunately. She's like a classic jazz singer though and her living in this world where she has to sell a show or whatever just may mean she doesn't fit that box.

Some people just ARE awkward and no amount of media training or choreo will fix that. She's always come off very intimidated by large amounts of fans and the whole tour thing in general. I think she'd be happiest just making music and not being forced to tour. 

agree tbh. i’m not a fan at all of lana but she is genuinely a good performer when in her element and where she shines and her live vocals are definitely next level and a lot of people don’t appreciate that which sucks 

• Love 1