💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Gaga's Nurtec ad illegal in EU

BlueyOysterCult

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8
6 hours ago, Bronco said:

She absolutely is at fault for posting it, her wording of the post alone recognises the fact that it is controlled content. 

She literally notes in the caption that the post is sponsored what more do you want?

Ivy
2 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Am I the only one not 100% sure why endorsing migraine medication is “bad” lol 

I guess there's multiple reasons, but for me I don't like it because as soon as someone is payed to say something I question if it's true or not 

So basically celebrities can be making money for themself and the drug company, just by saying they use a medicine. But do they use it? Or the drug company and the celebrity just want to make more money?

I trust Gaga so I think she does use the medicine, but this my thought process in general

• Like 1

RahrahWitch
47 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Why is promoting migraine medication bad? 

It's safer for the consumer this way. Direct to consumer advertising for prescription medication has more ways it can go wrong than right especially when money is the main motivation.

You end up in a situation where pharmaceutical companies are pushing medications with potentially significant side effects onto as many people as possible even going to the lengths of getting a global superstar to promote it like we see here.

• Like 2

Bronco
8 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

She literally notes in the caption that the post is sponsored what more do you want?

To comply with the law and not post it?

Actual Patient
15 hours ago, Yen said:

Telephone continuation incoming omg :excited2:

Who would have thought that we would have to wait to see Gaga behind bars for real in order to have a sequel to Telephone? Or a remake of the video, with Beyoncé coming to the rescue for the second time :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1

ChromaticaBoy
18 hours ago, SOON said:

My name is Lady Gaga and I'm 38 years old

I'm from Manhattan New York

And I believe that everyone can use Nurtec migraine pills

ARREST ME EU!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Edited by ChromaticaBoy

ChromaticaBoy

Just noticed that the footage for the first Nurtec ad is from the San Francisco night, not the LA night!

I was casually watching this and suddenly my mind was like: “I know what it’s like to perform through pain”😂

Edited by ChromaticaBoy
  • LMAO 2

NATAH
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

To comply with the law and not post it?

the girl can barely make a boomerang, how is she supposed to know the laws of a continent she doesn't live in and make sure her post is banned in those regions? it's kind of insane for you to blame HER when IG/Meta have every right and power to moderate it themselves to comply with international laws

mother, what must i do?

Bronco
24 minutes ago, NATAH said:

the girl can barely make a boomerang, how is she supposed to know the laws of a continent she doesn't live in and make sure her post is banned in those regions? it's kind of insane for you to blame HER when IG/Meta have every right and power to moderate it themselves to comply with international laws

It's a global platform that doesn't use geo-location blocking features. She knew enough to make a pathetic attempt to avoid the law. 

Gaga's not some dumb 18 yr old. She's an adult business woman who is involved with multiple pharmaceutical companies & runs her own make up business that operates in EU nations. She's also extensively toured the EU. And it's not a sudden thing that medications have high restrictions on advertisments outside of the US. There's been countless internet threads on multiple social networks about the difference in medication advertisements in the US & rest of the world since social media began. 

Meta do have every power to moderate their own platform - but much like the EU laws referenced in the links provided in this thread - they are reactive, not proactive. Which means they can only be applied once posted. Whether or not they are strong enough to be of use in relation to the varying laws governing the space Meta operates in is irrelevant to the law's applicablity to the poster of such content. The law applies to both through differing means - Meta is at risk for failing to moderate content in relation to the law, Gaga & Nurtec are at risk for breaching advertising standards set out in the law. 

Fantina

I am not a huge fan of celebrities promoting medication so I am fine with this decision tbh

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • Like 2

M i K E Y

Good. Love Gaga with all of my heart but prescription drugs isn’t just a thing celebs should advertise like makeup, beverages or clothing. I can believe these pills might have helped her but medication is a doctor to patient thing and not a: hey you have a headache? Try these expensive pills and you’re good again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD

Has it really deleted? The new two ads still up on me tho :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Karl
16 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Am I the only one not 100% sure why endorsing migraine medication is “bad” lol 

Because doctors are the only ones that should be suggesting pills based off your medical needs and their medical expertise. Advertising medication to the wider public that needs to be perscribed due to the complex nature of it is different to advertising something like over the counter cold and flu relief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Scri
9 minutes ago, Karl said:

Because doctors are the only ones that should be suggesting pills based off your medical needs and their medical expertise. Advertising medication to the wider public that needs to be perscribed due to the complex nature of it is different to advertising something like over the counter cold and flu relief.

Yes, as adversiments are known to create needs that otherwise we wouldn't have (or we would have waaaay less often). As long as it's about a new potato chips' flavour, that's good... but if it's about pills: ew.
Especially for things like migraines, where the doctor can't easily (and scientifically) be sure that the patient is not actually ill or that ill... It's a complex topic.

NATAH
4 hours ago, Bronco said:

It's a global platform that doesn't use geo-location blocking features. She knew enough to make a pathetic attempt to avoid the law. 

Gaga's not some dumb 18 yr old. She's an adult business woman who is involved with multiple pharmaceutical companies & runs her own make up business that operates in EU nations. She's also extensively toured the EU. And it's not a sudden thing that medications have high restrictions on advertisments outside of the US. There's been countless internet threads on multiple social networks about the difference in medication advertisements in the US & rest of the world since social media began. 

Meta do have every power to moderate their own platform - but much like the EU laws referenced in the links provided in this thread - they are reactive, not proactive. Which means they can only be applied once posted. Whether or not they are strong enough to be of use in relation to the varying laws governing the space Meta operates in is irrelevant to the law's applicablity to the poster of such content. The law applies to both through differing means - Meta is at risk for failing to moderate content in relation to the law, Gaga & Nurtec are at risk for breaching advertising standards set out in the law. 

you're reaching so hard just to drag her for no reason omfg relax

mother, what must i do?