Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chad Hugo accuses Pharrell of trying to gain control over trademarks tied to Neptunes

Teletubby

Featured Posts

bionic

Pharrell was the spearhead of the move against Kelis, so this is not a surprise. He's a crook just like any industry bigwig

buy bionic
  • Like 2

tylerjs

Never heard of the Neptunes but I’ve always got a gross vibe from Pharrell. Also the fact that he’s produced so many records and yet so few of them do a single thing for me has always been so strange to me. Like I just revisited his entire production history and I care about maybe two songs? Weird vibes from that man idk

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Like 2

Tobcho
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Pharrell was the spearhead of the move against Kelis, so this is not a surprise. He's a crook just like any industry bigwig

what happened with kelis? 

bionic
6 minutes ago, Tobcho said:

what happened with kelis? 

Kelis made her first two albums with them and they agreed that where they worked on a song together they'd get a 33/33/33 split. They leveraged their position in the industry to get her tosign a contact for the 3rd album (which Milkshake is on) without giving her chance to read it and then shut her out of the credits and refused to even negotiate on it. Neptunes acknowledge that she did work on it but still refuse to budge on the credits.

The song is pretty huge in terms of attracting royalties and Kelis has been shut out of earning millions from it or being able to lay claim to it– see for example Beyonce not asking her to sample it on Energy.

She's pressed about it to this day (rightfully so) and they haven't worked together since.

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 2

RenegAde

Kelis been talking about this man's Green for decades 

• Like 1

M i K E Y

Lemme take this as an opportunity to say that Happy is a horrible song and hearing it on replay 10yrs ago was torture :vegas:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Tobcho
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Kelis made her first two albums with them and they agreed that where they worked on a song together they'd get a 33/33/33 split. They leveraged their position in the industry to get her tosign a contact for the 3rd album (which Milkshake is on) without giving her chance to read it and then shut her out of the credits and refused to even negotiate on it. Neptunes acknowledge that she did work on it but still refuse to budge on the credits.

The song is pretty huge in terms of attracting royalties and Kelis has been shut out of earning millions from it or being able to lay claim to it– see for example Beyonce not asking her to sample it on Energy.

She's pressed about it to this day (rightfully so) and they haven't worked together since.

my baby girl kelis how could they do this to her :patrizia::patrizia:

skaxboy
1 hour ago, bionic said:

It sounds like Chad is a problem too. He and Pharrell were both scummy in the past. Chad shouldn’t be surprised Pharrell is being like this when they BOTH are that way. 

clown-comes-back-to-bite-1lefrpou8nep15c

• Thanks 1

Teletubby
8 hours ago, bionic said:

Pharrell was the spearhead of the move against Kelis,

weird that Beyonce still let him be on the new album after this:flippy:

Cockroach of GGD

bionic
8 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Beyoncé who is famously honest and fair with her songwriting credits?

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • LMAO 1

doja scat

pharrell BEEN a shady businessman wbk 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

Schizophonic
18 hours ago, tylerjs said:

Never heard of the Neptunes but I’ve always got a gross vibe from Pharrell. Also the fact that he’s produced so many records and yet so few of them do a single thing for me has always been so strange to me. Like I just revisited his entire production history and I care about maybe two songs? Weird vibes from that man idk

they produced slave for you and boys for britney

also like i love you, seniorita, rock your body for justin

hot in here for nelly

hollaback girl...gwen

and some beyonce stuff

but they got some hits as a band as well

Gagaism
11 hours ago, Teletubby said:

I mean, she has had collaborated with Travis Scott after all that mess so