Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Horror Movies 2024 - Mega Thread

Flippy

Featured Posts

Levine

I finally watched Late Night With The Devil and I expected way more, sadly. I didn't like the last part. Let's just say the hype is way higher than the movie itself.

I watched Abigail and it was cute...interesting plot but rushed ending. 

I watched The Watchers and I kinda liked it, not the best movie of the year, but very solid (no scary tho).

I watched A quiet place day 1 and I just wished they would explained better where the aliens came from, because I thought that was the "purpose" of the movie, to focus on them and why they came here. Instead after 5 minutes everybody already knew to stay quiet and that they didn't like the water. It was an unnecessary movie to me. Sorry. 

Can't wait for Longlegs, Alien, Smile 2 and Trap but just because I've a crush on Josh Hartnett since forever.

HotLikeMexico
6 hours ago, Plastic Flower said:

I don't get the love for The First Omen. It's average imo.

Taste left. 

LateToCult
27 minutes ago, Levine said:

I finally watched Late Night With The Devil and I expected way more, sadly. I didn't like the last part. Let's just say the hype is way higher than the movie itself.

I watched The Watchers and I kinda liked it, not the best movie of the year, but very solid (no scary tho).

I watched A quiet place day 1 and I just wished they would explained better where the aliens came from, because I thought that was the "purpose" of the movie, to focus on them and why they came here. Instead after 5 minutes everybody already knew to stay quiet and that they didn't like the water. It was an unnecessary movie to me. Sorry. 

Can't wait for Longlegs, Alien, Smile 2 and Trap but just because I've a crush on Josh Hartnett since forever.

AAAAHHHHH literally saw this thread title pop up again and immediately thought about how I commented that I wanted to watch Late Night with the Devil months ago :healedmyheart:

Never watched it because a boo never materialized.  :alsemanche:

Edit: or maybe I commented that on the thread made in the back up site. :shrug:

Edited by LateToCult
  • LMAO 1

BabbleOnBling

Saturday August 3rd, 6pm PST

Join your fellow delulus for our FIRST official Movie Night! Our members voted for horror genre and for the film "Hereditary"...Get comfy, grab some snacks, and maybe someone or a pet to hold onto during the scary parts! TW: This film contains potentially triggering scenes and imagery including gore, violence, and terror.

Copy/Paste the link below for more info and to RSVP to Haus of Delulu's Movie Night!

https://discord.gg/aPrBrUbBUh?event=1268695710476533872

hereditary.jpg&xs=1&xtz=420&xuuid=a51775

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu (Home of the Babble On! with Bling Podcast)
  • YAAAS 1

Real Panda

MV5BZTVkY2IzN2MtZTg4OS00NmZlLThmYjAtMDUw

If Maxxxine counts as "Horror" then this is the best one this year, thus far. It's more of a Suspense/Thriller but could be Horror as well. Mia Goth is fantastic in it, whats new. I was surprised to see Halsey. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. Although it bares similarities to some horror tropes, it could've been done that way as a nod to those classics. I dont know if I would rank this above its trilogy predecessors X or Pearl though.

On another note, I am excited to see Trap, Smile 2, Oddity and Heretic later this year. My 2024 Horror Ranking (so far) :

1. Maxxxine

2. Late Night With The Devil

3. Abigail

4. The Watchers

5. Baghead

6. Imaginary

7. Tarot

8. Lisa Frankenstein

9. The Strangers - Chapter 1

Edited by Real Panda
Ranking List

Gardevoir
On 8/2/2024 at 8:19 AM, Levine said:

Spoiler

The creatures from a Quiet Place are from a different planet that somehow got destroyed and they just randomly arrived on earth causing a terror. The reason why they’re so fast is that their planet’s atmosphere was much different to that on earth. And they also supposedly kill people, not for food, but because the sound is actually hurting them.

I don’t know how to put a spoiler.

I am also curious why do they only react to people making even less noisy sounds, since there are such things as weather conditions going on on a daily basis. They can talk under a waterfall or something, but why isn’t this waterfall bringing any attention to those creatures.

Edited by Emigrante
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • Thanks 1

TheBadRomancer

seeing Trap today and very excited! hoping for a good movie since the last couple of his were....... bad.

Fantina

Just seen MaXXXine and I have to say while it definitely isn't my favorite out of the 3, it definitely is a good movie. Mia Goth killed it with her acting skills yet again and the story is pretty interesting.

For those who have seen it: 

Spoiler

I actually didn't expect her dad to be the killer. I thought it was either going to be her director or maybe someone that survived the farmhouse killings in "X". The movie definitely succeeds in showing what life was like in Hollywood all those years ago.

My only gripe with it is that I think it was missing something. Maybe a scene in the Bates Motel? Maybe have the final confrontation with her dad be after Puritan II (the movie she got a role in) releases. I always felt like the movie was going to focus on her career after she already became a star? 

How iconic would it be if the final scene, where Maxine is on the red carpet, showed her hallucinating Pearl, who finally gets to see Maxine become a star? Since Maxine was haunted by Pearl's memory throughout the movie, this would serve as a fitting send-off.

Can't wait for the next one!!!

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • YAAAS 1

TheBadRomancer
On 8/4/2024 at 11:01 AM, TheBadRomancer said:

seeing Trap today and very excited! hoping for a good movie since the last couple of his were....... bad.

why was Trap so bad ugh v disappointed i feel like the whole thing was made to jumpstart his daughter's singing career :laughga: (which makes sense because she is super talented but)

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Jase

Can't ****ing wait for this. Kyle Gallner was terrifying in The Passenger so if he brings even half that energy, we're in for an absolute treat. 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

Flippy
1 hour ago, Jase said:

Can't ****ing wait for this. Kyle Gallner was terrifying in The Passenger so if he brings even half that energy, we're in for an absolute treat. 

I hadn't heard of this! :tony: I'm intrigued! Thanks for sharing! I also updated the OP! :)

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1

Fantina

Just seen Alien: Romulus :staymad:

Spoiler free review (the spoilers will be hidden in the spoiler tab)

Overall, I really enjoyed it. I think it's one of those movies that will definitely grow on me and become one of my favorites in the franchise. It pays tribute to ALL Alien movies, so I am excited to rewatch them again when Romulus comes to streaming and see all the easter eggs. 

The shots were BEAUTIFUL. If you love space, you will LOVE this movie. The soundtrack is also really good and adds to the suspense of the movie. 

Alien looks amazing and all the scenes with it remind me of the original and sequel. They nailed the SFX and the overall eeriness of the xenomorph and its facehugger state. 

The ONLY thing I don't know about are the characters. It was an interesting decision to make the main group all YA/teens but I don't know if it translated as well as it should have. Maybe if I rewatch it again, I will feel different. 

Spoiler

The final sequence was amazing. I loved the hybrid and the way it resembled the architects from Prometheus/Covenant. The birth scene was gruesome and all I wanted to see from the Alien movie.  Don't want to sound cheesy but I was lowkey expecting a hybrid vs xenomorph fight :giveup:

The 0 gravity scene where they were dodging the acid was also really beautifully shot. 

Edited by Fantina
  • Like 1

Flippy
3 minutes ago, Fantina said:

Just seen Alien: Romulus :staymad:

Spoiler free review (the spoilers will be hidden in the spoiler tab)

Overall, I really enjoyed it. I think it's one of those movies that will definitely grow on me and become one of my favorites in the franchise. It pays tribute to ALL Alien movies, so I am excited to rewatch them again when Romulus comes to streaming and see all the easter eggs. 

The shots were BEAUTIFUL. If you love space, you will LOVE this movie. The soundtrack is also really good and adds to the suspense of the movie. 

Alien looks amazing and all the scenes with it remind me of the original and sequel. They nailed the SFX and the overall eeriness of the xenomorph and its facehugger state. 

The ONLY thing I don't know about are the characters. It was an interesting decision to make the main group all YA/teens but I don't know if it translated as well as it should have. Maybe if I rewatch it again, I will feel different. 

Reveal hidden contents

The final sequence was amazing. I loved the hybrid and the way it resembled the architects from Prometheus/Covenant. The birth scene was gruesome and all I wanted to see from the Alien movie.  Don't want to sound cheesy but I was lowkey expecting a hybrid vs xenomorph fight :giveup:

The 0 gravity scene where they were dodging the acid was also really beautifully shot. 

Skipping the spoiler because I’m watching it in 4DX next Friday, but I’m so excited! I’ve been hearing nothing but good things so I’m looking forward to it :party:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Love 1

Fantina
10 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Skipping the spoiler because I’m watching it in 4DX next Friday, but I’m so excited! I’ve been hearing nothing but good things so I’m looking forward to it :party:

HAVE FUN!!!

It's really good. Definitely a contender for best horror movie in 2024 :firega:

Born This Way

I just watched Maxxxine and I loved it. I'm glad I waited and had my expectations lowered by the overall reception cuz I went in not expected it to be on the level of X and Pearl, which it wasn't quite. But it was so good and this is one of the best horror trilogies of all time.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1