celeb

Lizzo quits

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

raragaga

Why quit music? Just quit social media. 

xoxo

RenegAde

Im just suprised by the sympathetic comments here. So far as I know there's no credible reason to believe the accusations were false. Yall rip nicki minaj to pieces on here on a daily basis for things the people around her are guilty of. What happened to believing the victims?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Borislshere
4 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Im just suprised by the sympathetic comments here. So far as I know there's no credible reason to believe the accusations were false. Yall rip nicki minaj to pieces on here on a daily basis for things the people around her are guilty of. What happened to believing the victims?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? You don’t HAVE to make any judgements on her until a verdict is given. Completely different to Nicki who’s not only married to/constantly defends a registered sex offender but says extremely vile things about victims almost daily. You knew those two were no where near comparable :alsemanche:

• Thanks 1

RenegAde
22 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? You don’t HAVE to make any judgements on her until a verdict is given. Completely different to Nicki who’s not only married to/constantly defends a registered sex offender but says extremely vile things about victims almost daily. You knew those two were no where near comparable :alsemanche:

If nicki gets all the hate because of people she's associated with then lizzo is definitely open to valid critism for her character that has been called into question not just by a slew of people but in the court of law.

If someone jumped on a dr luke thread to scream "innocent until proven guilty" they would probably get a warning point after getting gathered by the entire site, so we all know that doesn't hold any substance around here which was my point. 

Personally, as a lawyer im all for innocent until proven guilty but people will always make assumptions based on allegations.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 1

olive specter
7 hours ago, TwistedTeeth said:

All of the seedy, gross male artists that roll in success in the music industry and people decide to make a villain out of a singular black woman. I'm not saying anything, but it sure is suspicious. :koons:

people, especially here drag male artists all the time, for every single thing they do

comments like this say more about you than others
because it's you who cannot see pass her skin color or gender

while others don't like her because of her behaviour and alligations
you see a black woman, nothing else

• Sad 1

Borislshere
22 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

If nicki gets all the hate because of people she's associated with then lizzo is definitely open to valid critism for her character that has been called into question not just by a slew of people but in the court of law.

If someone jumped on a dr luke thread to scream "innocent until proven guilty" they would probably get a warning point after getting gathered by the entire site, so we all know that doesn't hold any substance around here which was my point. 

Personally, as a lawyer im all for innocent until proven guilty but people will always make assumptions based on allegations.

But it isn’t just who Nicki associates herself with though. She’s said and done vile things herself. This case with Lizzo is the first (that I’m seeing) of her being accused of anything serious and the case is still ongoing. Why would I feel the need to make a negative judgment on her based on this one incident?
If you’re all for innocent until proven guilty then why are you upset that more people aren’t bashing her/“treating her like Nicki” ? Shouldn’t you want people to remain neutral in a situation like this? 

Teletubby
4 hours ago, RenegAde said:

if you read the lawsuit or listen to the interviews with these dancers, it looks very different from what was presented in the press. 
Lizzo never body shamed anyone → Lizzo told one the dancers that she is worried about her and this dancer believes Lizzo said it because she had gained weight and accused Lizzo of body shaming
Lizzo never forced anyone to eat bananas from v— in Amsterdam → Lizzo was inviting dancers to different places during the tour, they were in Disnayland in Paris, etc. when they were in Amsterdam she invited them to the Red-Light District. they could decline the invitation or could leave the club whenever they wanted. There is no mention of forcing anyone to eat anything.
Their attorney tries to portray Lizzo in as bad a light as he can and ruin her body positivity image probably to get a settlement and money from Lizzo. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RenegAde
41 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

But it isn’t just who Nicki associates herself with though. She’s said and done vile things herself. This case with Lizzo is the first (that I’m seeing) of her being accused of anything serious and the case is still ongoing. Why would I feel the need to make a negative judgment on her based on this one incident?
If you’re all for innocent until proven guilty then why are you upset that more people aren’t bashing her/“treating her like Nicki” ? Shouldn’t you want people to remain neutral in a situation like this? 

What are the vile things that nicki has said and done that doesn't pale in comparison to being accused of indecent and straight up gutter behaviour by people employed under you? Maybe you need to refresh your memory and revisit the accusations because there's a lot of merit to them and they are very damaging.

Yes these accusations haven't been proven by law but People have received a lot more backlash  for a lot less and that's my issue. If we're saying innocent until proven guilty then let's stand by that on all fronts.

Also let me mend my previous post by saying although im all for innocent until proven guilty based on my training,  I don't always support it in the face of social issues because I understand  that it thrives under a flawed system.

Edited by RenegAde

RenegAde
20 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

if you read the lawsuit or listen to the interviews with these dancers, it looks very different from what was presented in the press. 
Lizzo never body shamed anyone → Lizzo told one the dancers that she is worried about her and this dancer believes Lizzo said it because she had gained weight and accused Lizzo of body shaming
Lizzo never forced anyone to eat bananas from v— in Amsterdam → Lizzo was inviting dancers to different places during the tour, they were in Disnayland in Paris, etc. when they were in Amsterdam she invited them to the Red-Light District. they could decline the invitation or could leave the club whenever they wanted. There is no mention of forcing anyone to eat anything.
Their attorney tries to portray Lizzo in as bad a light as he can and ruin her body positivity image probably to get a settlement and money from Lizzo. 

Okay im open to this. link your receipts though because im sure I and a lot of us here read different.

Nacchi

Not aware of this, but seeing how ironic you guys are, it's because she is known for unnecessary drama?

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Okay im open to this. link your receipts though because im sure I and a lot of us here read different.

lawsuit: https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Lizzo-harassment-suit.pdf

They were never forced to go out with Lizzo. They did this because they believed it would make them Lizzo's fave and they could fly private jets, go to Hawaii with her. 

body shaming

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1