💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish says artists are releasing several vinyl versions for numbers and money

Teletubby

Featured Posts

olive specter
8 minutes ago, chuck said:

the argument is that her vinyls are recycled. point taken. that's great.

but still, it's not so much better when you think about it. the new plastics aren't being thrown out, they're being kept by fans so ideally none of those fresh vinyls are going to waste.

call it for what it is--- vinyl-exclusives to collect are a money grab and abusive to your fanbase. no need for virtue-signalling coming from someone who does something that's not much better.

it's also damaging for smaller artists who need to wait months for their vinyls now, because bigger acts like billie are pressing 12 different variants and are taking space 

• Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

bionic

she's right

some popstars are filling the skies with pollution and burdening landfill with excessive merchandise that has no collector value and will be the first thing tossed when the owned eventually dies

buy bionic
  • Like 6

Mikah
58 minutes ago, Charmz said:

On the flip side, some fandoms have been asking for these type of massive physical releases for YEARS

if you don’t want it don’t buy it

Punny! 😂 

MadArchitect
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

Baird: But to be fair, the problem is systemic, right? Because if Billboard, to be honest, is going to not have limits… I would love to see limits, like no more than four colors. Or some kind of rules, because you can’t fault an artist for playing the No. 1 game.

yes, you can indeed fault an artist for playing the #1 game, they are not obliged and its not a nessesity to do so yet they do it, for the money and to also inflate their own egos, of course the problem is systematic, but this system would not exist if the people didn't buy into it and stood their groud, but it exist precisely because nobody questions the status quo and prefers to turn a blind eye on it because oh well "everyone else does it too"

I mean are they expecting the people in powerful positions who benefit out of it to change it? expecting the system to change itself? if artists aren't the agents of change then who will? but turns out that most of the mainstream artists ARE also part of the powerful people that benefit off it, so holding them accountable is 100% fair

Anderson123
1 hour ago, olivia specter said:

"I find it really frustrating as somebody who really goes out of my way to be sustainable and do the best that I can and try to involve everybody in my team in being sustainable"

il_fullxfull.4437611567_1avl.jpg

great they are made from scraps, but still
1. other artists do that too
2. why so many? or do you care about money and numbers too?

She's part of a major record label. A lot of these things and decisions are made by other people, not just Billie. She's speaking about this now because she's living them now I guess. And good that at least she's doing her part with the recycled parts.

Color variant LPs are kind of a new thing right now after the pandemic. People started collecting black LPs and maybe one or two variants before that but it's been insane the amount of versions big artists are doing now.

• Like 1

MadArchitect
15 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

She's part of a major record label. A lot of these things and decisions are made by other people, not just Billie. She's speaking about this now because she's living them now I guess. And good that at least she's doing her part with the recycled parts.

Color variant LPs are kind of a new thing right now after the pandemic. People started collecting black LPs and maybe one or two variants before that but it's been insane the amount of versions big artists are doing now.

ok so when it's covenient we blame other people making desitions for them and acting like they can't protest, stand their ground or even have a say in it at all, what is disengenius about this it's the fact that she's talking like she never took part in it and everyone else does...

• Like 1

olive specter
22 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

she's a part of a major label, cool

but so are the artists she's talking about

so why are they to blame, but with billie it's the label?

• Thanks 1

NATAH
8 minutes ago, MadArchitect said:

ok so when it's covenient we blame other people making desitions for them and acting like they can't protest, stand their ground or even have a say in it at all, what is disengenius about this it's the fact that she's talking like she never took part in it and everyone else does...

how do you know billie didn't try to protest?

mother, what must i do?

bionic
Just now, olivia specter said:

billie doesn't pretend to be the Boss & CEO of the music industry like taylor does

buy bionic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Auralegends

She is right, though: "Happier Than Ever came in eight vinyl variants", recycled or not it's the same principle

Mocchi
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

She is doing it too, is she calling herself out with this? :ladyhaha:

I love cynical queens :ladyhaha:

Anderson123
24 minutes ago, MadArchitect said:

I'm just saying that she's annoyed by this now because she has lived through that. She has been part of the problem and that's why she's speaking about it. She's trying to make a change. Happier Than Ever had like 8+ variants and the article says they were made from recycled parts, even color ones. That was her way of wanting to do things a bit different.

The problem Billie has is how wasteful it is to produce so many of them, not the variants themselves.

18 minutes ago, olivia specter said:

That's a fair point. We don't know how many of these artists are the ones who decide all of this or if it's part of a contract, etc. 

MadArchitect
4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

how do you know billie didn't try to protest?

because she took part in it, artists like billie are not obliged to do it, they have a lot of liberty when it comes to this, they are in a powerful enough position to have a say in how the distribution and promotion of their albums and tours are managed, more her who got signed without having a song out and with family connected in the industry already and making sure all her needs are met, and this is something that i've seen confirmed by a lot of musicians that know how it works, you can make this "try to protest" argument for a grinding artists that then just got signed by their own and doesnt have this instant huge amount of succes to negotiate, or at least is not in the top priority of a major label.

MadArchitect

2 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I'm just saying that she's annoyed by this now because she has lived through that. She has been part of the problem and that's why she's speaking about it. She's trying to make a change. Happier Than Ever had like 8+ variants and the article says they were made from recycled parts, even color ones. That was her way of wanting to do things a bit different.

The problem Billie has is how wasteful it is to produce so many of them, not the variants themselves.

well, no, i think thats you drawing your own conclusion, she doesnt aknowledge herself as part of it, and talks about it in third person all the time, it's them, not her, that's her way of speaking here, and its also the way of speaking of the second person even when they try to justify artists taking part in these practices lol

• Like 1