Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

Gaga's Clinuvel event explained (by attendee)

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty

I was watching the Beautiful & Bothered podcast, which is about make-up, and on todays episode partly touches on Gaga's Clinuvel event. The podcast guests, The Lipstick Lesbians, make a lot of content about the technology behind cosmetics, and they attended the event at Gaga's house. In the podcast, they explain the merit of the event and give context that we might not have had.

They also posted about it on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4QwwsFxIfk

For those interested in make-up, the Beautiful and Bothered podcast is hosted by Johnny and Kevin, who are both huge Gaga fans (and at the same time critical about some of her latest choices and ventures). They recently did an entire podcast episode about her:

Spoiler

Edited by Head Empty
Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pennywise

They look like they're extremely annoying so I don't want to watch this, someone summarize pls :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

Helxig

That is actually really interesting new technology (skip forward another 30 seconds if you wanna get straight to the lady talking about it) love the implications for EPP and vitiligo treatment. Feel a bit weird about people using it as tanner... we're gonna see a bunch of 2018 Ariana Grande's :laughga:   but I guess it makes sense... Gaga is interested in both discovering new treatments for people and also beauty. I just personally think pale skin is really beautiful and wish people would stop obsessing about tans. But I guess the future is about biological treatments. We've always joked about 'a pill in the future to change your hair colour or make you tan' so I guess the future is becoming the present

Although Ozempic is different. People using it as a new weight loss treatment? Sure. But the rich taking vital medicine away from people who really need it to survive, and effectively pushing the price way up out of their price range, just for the vapid goal of looking skinny? That's evil. Just like if they start using the new melanin peptide to tan and eventually there's not enough stock, and it becomes too expensive for those children who can't go out in the sun and have to live nocturnally... there needs to be a system where the regular people who need it are prioritised above the rich who say 'fu.ck the people struggling I want to look pretty'. But unfortunately they have the money and money makes things happen

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Head Empty
1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

They look like they're extremely annoying so I don't want to watch this, someone summarize pls :huntyga:

Basically the event was spent talking about a peptide that can be used in pharmaceuticals (and maybe cosmetics) that affects melanin in the skin. Medically speaking it's a means of treating people with EPP, who have severe reactions when getting into sunlight and thus have to live nocturnal lives. But when looking at the cosmetics side, it can help people with vitiligo (as it can restore pigment to light spots) and it can give people without skin conditions a tan. 

So to summarize further, the event provided discussion on how the pharmaceutical and cosmetic benefits of the peptide could/should be implemented further.

Alexis also emphasized that there shouldn't be a black/white view on topics like this. There's a lot of nuance, and the conversation about new technology isn't just about money.

Obviously she will also have her own biases in what she's saying, but it's an interesting perspective to consider.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Thanks 1

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Helxig said:

That is actually really interesting new technology (skip forward another 30 seconds if you wanna get straight to the lady talking about it) love the implications for EPP and vitiligo treatment. Feel a bit weird about people using it as tanner... we're gonna see a bunch of 2018 Ariana Grande's :laughga:   but I guess it makes sense... Gaga is interested in both discovering new treatments for people and also beauty. I just personally think pale skin is really beautiful and wish people would stop obsessing about tans. But I guess the future is about biological treatments. We've always joked about 'a pill in the future to change your hair colour or make you tan' so I guess the future is becoming the present

Although Ozempic is different. People using it as a new weight loss treatment? Sure. But the rich taking vital medicine away from people who really need it to survive, and effectively pushing the price way up out of their price range, just for the vapid goal of looking skinny? That's evil. Just like if they start using the new melanin peptide to tan and eventually there's not enough stock, and it becomes too expensive for those children who can't go out in the sun and have to live nocturnally... there needs to be a system where the regular people who need it are prioritised above the rich who say 'fu.ck the people struggling I want to look pretty'. But unfortunately they have the money and money makes things happen

Yeah I think it’s kinda reckless to talk about it in a beauty pov. Suuuuyper weird and suss imo

• Like 1