💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

35 years ago today, Madonna released "Like A Prayer" album.

proxy

What's your favorite single from Like A Prayer album?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite single from Like A Prayer album?

• Like a Prayer
    • Express Yourself
    • Cherish
    • Oh Father
    • Dear Jessie
    • Keep It Together

Featured Posts

proxy

Like a Prayer is the fourth studio album by American singer-songwriter Madonna, released on March 21, 1989, by Sire Records. It saw the singer reunited with Patrick Leonard and Stephen Bray, with whom she had worked collaborated on her previous studio album True Blue (1986), and the soundtrack to the 1987 film Who's That Girl; artist Prince also collaborated on the record, co-writing and co-producing one of the tracks alongside Madonna. Her most introspective release at the time, Like a Prayer is a pop record with elements of rock and dance pop. Its lyrics deal with personal themes she had been too afraid to approach up at that point: her Catholic upbringing, her troubled marriage to actor Sean Penn, the death of her mother, and her relationship with her father.

Edited by proxy
  • Love 1

Helxig

God. One day we are going to be talking about "35 years ago today Gaga released The Fame album". And that day will arrive in the snap of a finger leaving us to wonder how the time passed

Anyway, this is an iconic album that propelled Madonna's career into superstardom. Amazing that she's still going and touring 35 years later not giving a F what anyone has to say. We gays love strong women :vegas:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1

bionic
27 minutes ago, Helxig said:

God. One day we are going to be talking about "35 years ago today Gaga released The Fame album". And that day will arrive in the snap of a finger leaving us to wonder how the time passed

We're almost halfway there :giveup: 

buy bionic
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2

River
49 minutes ago, Helxig said:

oardefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEYCJUDENAFSFqQA

we are going to The Farewell Ball :messga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 2

Lucas

Truly a great album overall, even if it has some misses (Love Song, Dear Jessie and Act of Contrition) come to mind).

The warmth and passion in her voice on LAP and True Blue albums is truly heavenly :applause:

• Like 1

Sneaky Oliver

I don’t looove the album, it’s kind of inconsistent musically but it has gems like Keep It Together and Till Death Do Us Part but we can’t deny how huge and important this era was for pop music in general like this is kinda how the pop music we know today was born, fierce, controversial, conceptual, performative, high budget, I’m not even bringing the the Blond Ambition tour to the table 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

PunkTheFunk
2 hours ago, River said:

This is us now :icant:

• LMAO 1

Ronk

The first four on the list are all faves of mine.   Seems like just yesterday when the album was released.  Brings back great memories.  Thanks for posting this topic.

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Love 1

Mocchi

Voted for Like a prayer single. Not only the best song in the album but also one of the best songs of the century in terms of quality and social impact. That song ia a gem

Helxig
18 hours ago, River said:

If she's anything like Cher we'll have 5 'last ever' tours :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • LMAO 1