Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne gets better and better

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Anderson123
12 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

It’s getting worse and worse for me, which is a shame because at one point I really liked it. I just see the entire Joanne era as the silliest moment for Gaga’s career, like now that we’re 8 years removed I feel very comfortable saying it was unhinged, dramatic, performative, and uncomfortable for her to dedicate the album to her dead aunt she never met and make the entire albums promotion revolve around that. Her grandmother and father are so clearly trying not to cringe at her in Five Foot Two. That being said, the album has some excellent songs in the first half and some of the lowest points of Gaga’s career, mostly in the second half. I still find it laughable that fans think that Dancin In Circles has hit potential. One of my least favorites from her ever. 

Tea got spilled HARD. Honestly this is how I felt deep inside when it was getting promoted. The songs are ok but the whole promo and explanation and all of that seeing the documentary idk it was just too uncomfortable. 

lg5

Still my favorite Gaga album:kiss:  I have so much nostalgia, it was my first semester of college meeting my lifelong friends, going to the tour with them (5 times :vegas:), watching the Super Bowl together and making custom t shirts, going through my first real breakup (this album can heal you from that), and finally getting to meet Gaga after almost 10 years of being a little monster ❤️‍🔥

also! Getting to hear the title track at Jazz and Piano last year made me cry!! 

Edited by lg5

Starmie25
20 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

all of that seeing the documentary idk it was just too uncomfortable

It was unusual, however I think its supposed to be a tad uncomfortable.

There's so many layers to what Gaga was trying to say regarding generational trauma. 

I sort of have experienced that in my life too so I get the gist.

Noah X
23 hours ago, Blackout19 said:

This album is really amazing. I love every song, and everytime I listen to it, I fall more in love with him:giveup:

Who?? :stalkga:

Bi Rain

Agreed. Joanne was a magical and emotional experience for me. It will always be one of my favorite albums of hers.

The Good Sis Viola | Have Some Bi Rain | The Bi Rain Train |

juicyjuicy

Any Sinner’s Prayer fans in here? Feels like that song is CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED!

• YAAAS 2

AnglerfishbraBENUS
20 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

It’s getting worse and worse for me, which is a shame because at one point I really liked it. I just see the entire Joanne era as the silliest moment for Gaga’s career, like now that we’re 8 years removed I feel very comfortable saying it was unhinged, dramatic, performative, and uncomfortable for her to dedicate the album to her dead aunt she never met and make the entire albums promotion revolve around that. Her grandmother and father are so clearly trying not to cringe at her in Five Foot Two. That being said, the album has some excellent songs in the first half and some of the lowest points of Gaga’s career, mostly in the second half. I still find it laughable that fans think that Dancin In Circles has hit potential. One of my least favorites from her ever. 

the whole thing is pure true camp and that’s also part of why it’s great. a lot of great bewildering things need cringe

imnotyourbabe10

While my Gaga trinity is TF/M, BTW, AP, Joanne is my runner up. It has aged pretty well, I think! I honestly don’t reach for Chromatica too often. And adore the jazz albums for a certain mood.

Favorites: DIC, PI, Sinner’s Prayer, JAD, A-YO, Come to Mama.

Edited by imnotyourbabe10