Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jennifer Lopez quietly cancels 7 concerts from upcoming tour

Teletubby

Featured Posts

HIM820
1 hour ago, Railing said:

Considering JLo's music career was constructed through ghostsingers + Mariah Carey sabotage, I don't feel bad for its decline :toofunny: She isn't an artist

Too many pop stars use demo vocals on songs for this still to be a thing against her specifically. Selena, Rihanna, Britney etc. So if we are “exposing” one let’s really pop that bubble and talk about whose vocals are really on all of those choruses. 

The Mariah stuff is unfortunate but her career was going through a small decline already. The demise of her relationship with Sony was inevitable considering the way it began so she wasn’t going to get the top artist treatment anymore once that was over. Tommy would sabotage no matter what and use any artist as a pawn against her. But JLo was getting a record deal whether Mariah existed or not. She proved performance abilities in Selena and the huge Latin wave in music had already started. There was a hole in the market for a Latina pop act who could be marketed toward white america. That has nothing to do with Mariah. 

Edited by HIM820

Railing
2 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

Too many pop stars use demo vocals on songs for this still to be a thing against her specifically. Selena, Rihanna, Britney etc. So if we are “exposing” one let’s really pop that bubble and talk about whose vocals are really on all of those choruses. 

The Mariah stuff is unfortunate but her career was going through a small decline already. The demise of her relationship with Sony was inevitable considering the way it began so she wasn’t going to get the top artist treatment anymore once that was over. Tommy would sabotage no matter what and use any artist as a pawn against her. But JLo was getting a record deal whether Mariah existed or not. She proved performance abilities in Selena and the huge Latin wave in music had already started. There was a hole in the market for a Latina pop act who could be marketed toward white america. That has nothing to do with Mariah. 

The thing s that she wasn't mixing her vocals with that of a backup vocalist's, and it wasn't occasional, there were entire chunks of her music that were sung by different people. :deadbanana: You can hear Britney's voice all over Britney's music. Sure, you could make an argument about Britney Jean, but the circumstances were different there, and nobody excuses that album anyway.

About the Selena film, JLo did not prove anything there :toofunny:  It was an acting role and she was lipsyncing to the pre-existing Selena recordings. It says nothing of her ability as an actual popstar.

• Like 1

HotLikeMexico

shhh you guys are being really loud about this.

• LMAO 1

RAMROD

At this rate more dates will also be cancelled LBR  :ladyhaha:

Take a look at ticketmaster and tell me I'm wrong, truly one and only JLulu :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

King of the Fall

It is Jennifer Lopez, I don't think anyone will notice the cancelled dates

Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin to be so quiet?

Juanlittlem
4 hours ago, Chlorine Sevigny said:

As opposed to loudly canceling? :bear:

She said LETS GET QUIEEEEEET

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 3

RAMROD
5 hours ago, PartySick said:

Tbh, Miami already gets about 20 million tourists every year (about half as many as Vegas). I can imagine she'd do well in pulling off enough of those people for a night :tony:

5 hours ago, weed said:

A Miami residency (if it doesn't exist she can trailblaze) would be good for her

It's not happening, I fear. The demand for her are simply not there. Even her base in New York, since she proudly declare herself from the Bronx  :ororomunroe:

These are what I saw just now:

Miami

IMG-6789.jpg

IMG-6790.jpg

Orlando

IMG-6791.jpg

NY

IMG-6792.jpg

IMG-6793.jpg

The way she got so confident when she put two dates in some of those. :toofunny:

Even on TX & Cali where there are also more Latin American audience :artdoll2:

5 hours ago, Noah X said:

This is unfair reporting. She canceled because of scheduling conflicts with a movie she's gonna be filming. 

They can say anything for excuse, but these bookings says different on why those were cancelled, just put 2 and 2 together. Just watch that she will cancel some more :enigma:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Shook 1

Reject False Icons
6 hours ago, moonsago said:

there be it in Latin America 

She’s not very known in Latin America, she hardly ever goes on tour here or promotes her music :diane:

That’s my problem with J.lo, even though she is an industry plant, her craft has effort and quality, she can be big in latam but she’s all mi gente Latino in the US and that’s it she never touches Latin America, and I can name a lot of artists who do the same 

Edited by Reject False Icons
  • Like 1

HIM820
1 hour ago, Railing said:

About the Selena film, JLo did not prove anything there :toofunny:  It was an acting role and she was lipsyncing to the pre-existing Selena recordings. It says nothing of her ability as an actual popstar.

During the peak of the MTV gen… and you don’t think it was really important to perform in front of a camera and sell a music video? That was one of the biggest points of being a popstar when she debuted. 

To your other point Rihanna, Selena and Britney have whole phrases in their choruses that are literally not their voices. They aren’t backup vocals either, they are straight from the demos. I don’t care really because they sing on the verse and at the end of the day it’s about if I like the song. But acting like this wasn’t happening is insane and very selective. 

Wolf Boy

She hasn’t had a music profile in a decade, she hasn’t really carried her career into her later years to generate enough interest. Her Vegas residency did well so maybe that’s what they hoped for with the world tour.

MonsterJay
4 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

She said LETS GET QUIEEEEEET

LETS GET shhhhh…. :sis:

dberrin

You all are so mean. Very sad when your favorite artist wants you to spread love and kindness

elijahfan
22 hours ago, Emvee said:

No wonder Gaga has distanced herself significantly from this whole circus. 

Has she tho...? Last I remember, babygirl is still very munch hungry for hits and sold out shows.

Edited by elijahfan

hugo020

Problem is not the demand, it’s the cost! I’d pay 100$ to see her and have a party, not 300$. Have we reached a peak in terms of ticket cost? Hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

Bronco
12 hours ago, hugo020 said:

Problem is not the demand, it’s the cost! I’d pay 100$ to see her and have a party, not 300$. Have we reached a peak in terms of ticket cost? Hopefully.

Idk if we've reached peak in terms of ticket costs.

JLO just doesn't have a strong established fan base that is prepared to fork out. 

People with dedicated fan bases can pull the peak numbers we're currently seeing. Madonna's tour according to reporting has an avg price of $192.

JLO has a way more casual fan base. The type who will be turned off by the $300+ price tag, but like you be interested in a cheaper option.

• Like 1