💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Stupid Love original MV concept

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

Lextyr97
8 hours ago, Frankenztein said:

Enigma is a pretty good show concept wise. The clownery was in the hair and make-up. It is crazy how much bad styling brought the quality of an otherwise good production down

Shitty choreography didn’t help either. Staging, visuals, and ESPECIALLY LIGHTING HOLY **** are all top notch. But everything surrounding Gaga was below par for her standards (kinda funny that TCB is like the complete opposite lol). Gaga’s choreo was very sloppy, vocals were the worst of her career, and dear god those horrible outfits and wigs

• Like 2

Frankenztein
10 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

Shitty choreography didn’t help either. Staging, visuals, and ESPECIALLY LIGHTING HOLY **** are all top notch. But everything surrounding Gaga was below par for her standards (kinda funny that TCB is like the complete opposite lol). Gaga’s choreo was very sloppy, vocals were the worst of her career, and dear god those horrible outfits and wigs

Yeah her vocals got rough too, I forgot about that. The stage backdrops and set pieces were stunning. I think the setlist was strong too. Her coming out in a mech for Scheisse, into Judas, then Government Hooker, and topping it off with mini cover of Bowie's I'm Afraid of Americans was one of the best stretches of a Gaga setlist ever, imo. 

• YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

Sneaky Oliver

i saw Gaga stans all over twitter praising it like it was the best thing ever but I thought it doesn’t fit SL or Chromatica at all, it’s funny how people want dark pop visuals for the sake of it but they don’t really care if there’s a coherent concept behind it 

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 3

gfarabello
18 hours ago, KindnessPunk said:

I must be in the minority bc I think the actual music video we got was AMAZING! on the level of the MVs from BTW for me, and one her best of all time!! (argue with the wall) 

if this concept is real, I can see why Gaga might have turned it down, its too self-referential, and like others have said, doesn’t really fit the song. 

Sarah said it best when she said the MV for SL reminded her of a classic Michael Jackson video (for me it reminds me of the Black or White video) just sheer joy and color, exactly what the song feels like. 

Stupid Love GIF by Lady Gaga

Oh and the iPhone aspect of it all? I LOVED it, it made the colors pop more for me, and I feel like it made the video ironically feel nostalgic, bc the iPhone it was filmed on is gonna be outdated in years to come, making the video feel like a moment in time. Almost like how MVs from the 80s have a look of its time bc of the cameras they used. 

I loved it as well and felt that joy! Honestly, that production is uplifting and fits the Chromatica theme. Rain On Me and 911 were also such a gift for the fans. 

No Stupid Love slander here: a nice song and a return-to-form.

Edited by gfarabello
Correction and avoiding repetition,
  • YAAAS 1

SPARTACUS

I said it back in 2020 and I'll say it now. There was nothing wrong with the concept we got... just it could've been executed differently. More spectacularly.

I was hoping back then that she'd used Thunderdome as inspiration. Imagine Gaga as Tina's character wearing that metallic neon pink bikini with the huge shoulders. All the tribes battling each other in a cage like that and she breaks up the fight to unite everyone.  :wub:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • Like 2

Rat Q

To me stupid love has always meant you telling your own battered darker sided self that you want to blindly love each other. Stupid love. Self love has to come from a place of innate conception and I can quell the Azothoth-esque "Blind Idiot God" side of myself and show them we are one and the same and can love ourselves. So it’s like a love song to yourself and all the bad and good in between you just have to decide which version of you is chosen in every moment. Benevolence in the face of your own chaos and void

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"

ChavaWM

As cool as it is, Stupid Love was lyrically a huge step back, should've never been released. This video couldn't save that children's singalong 

• Thanks 1

Aga Gydal

I love Stupid Love. Just an unserious slice of bubblegum that we don’t often get from Gaga and I think it’s the most replayable song on Chromatica honestly. I feel like it’s the scapegoat for a lot of broad Gaga criticism that just doesn’t make much sense to me. The music video definitely feels unfinished, but I sorta like the B-movie low fi roughness of it. These concept images seem like they’d be CGI nightmares and I choose to believe that they ended up going with the better idea, as flawed as it was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pennywise

I'd LIVE if Gaga ever did something Cthulhu/Noir but that's like never happening :franminervini:

Also the visuals do not fit Stupid Love as a song, AT ALL. Now Replay, on the other hand....

Edited by Pennywise
YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

TimotheeChalamet

Also guys remember that this is still not confirmed to be real, like why is that fake insider's account the only source? Did he buy it on the deep web? Did he steal the files from Eli Russell Linnetz's computer himself? 

• Thanks 1

Julien Lockhart

The concept is good and strong, wonderful tho but it doesn't fit Stupid Love

The concept is from 2019, maybe before Gaga had the vision of the album as Chromatica

Remember at first it was called Free Woman and then she switched to the whole Chromatica idea 

Stupid Love is just the continuation of what she create with this album, a full world with many places etc

The concept of the video we got is still good but the execution wasn't

Shooting in the desert is very very expensive that's why the whole thing looks cheap, I guess all of the budget go in the place, buying waters, equipments etc 

Shooting the mv with an iphone was an awful idea tho, looks like they have some hard times editing the video in post production

As a kid who was born in the 90's, I really love and enjoyed the mv we got, the power rangers sailor moonish thing of it all, kinda retro

They just needed to push the retro thing further 

Edited by Julien Lockhart
He ate my heart
  • Thanks 1