Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diane Warren reportedly threw a tantrum after Ariana skipped the nominees at Oscars

Teletubby

Featured Posts

hieronymus
29 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

The producer went on record as saying that they made the decision not to read all the nominees again for best picture because they had featured them over the show and they thought the show would be too long to rehash the nominees. They realized this was a mistake. It they did this to the most important award of the night, im sure they applied the same logic to the songs category. It wasn’t either Ariana or Al’s fault, it’s what they were told to do. 

That has to be damage control. It already ran over 30 minutes beyond scheduling. What would another minute have done.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hieronymus

• Helxig

• Healed My Heart

• rinasawachanta

hieronymus
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Diane shouldn't have done that but Mariah was so rude tbh.

Have you seen the full clip?

dimitristhe

She’s right! She wrote the song and she must be mentioned. Isn’t the writer the one who gets the Oscar, right? 
Writers don’t get enough credit for their work. It’s always the singer who is praised and never the mastermind behind. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright
  • Like 2

Westerosi

In all seriousness, forgetting or refusing to read out the nominees is bad faith and lacks grace.

Everyone worked hard on their respective projects and it's only right they should be mentioned, regardless of who wins.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Nemo
1 hour ago, hieronymus said:

That has to be damage control. It already ran over 30 minutes beyond scheduling. What would another minute have done.

Actually... the Oscars normally always run "long". But this is well known. The reality is that the show is plotted out for three and a half hours, but -- for reasons I dunno -- they pretend, every year, that it's going to be three hours, at least for purposes of the TV schedule.

Except this year. First, they moved the start time up by an hour, which IMHO was a great move. But then, at least on my TiVo, it actually showed up as scheduled for three and a half hours, for the first time I can remember. Then, cherry on top, they actually stuck to that schedule, didn't go over, and even had Jimmy do a minute of filler! It was remarkable.

But no, I don't think they were saving much time by leaving out the nominees. But yes, I think it was intentional, and I also think it was a reasonable choice (sorry Diane).

monstertoronto
6 hours ago, hieronymus said:

No I believe it. They know the show always runs long so they were trying to find title ways to cut it. The producer said, by the time best picture rolls around it’s the end of the show and everyone just wants to know who won. So they decided to skip reading the nominees. But it sounded like they regretted it. 

• Like 1

Chromatography
9 hours ago, Edonis said:

did Gaga to do that you have to be pretty annoying

bowlsofbrett

Whether this tantrum is real or not, it’s the funniest thing I’ve read on the Internet this week and I’m screaming 

Helxig
12 hours ago, Edonis said:

This will always make me laugh :laughga: 

I remember during their TIHTY mini press tour noticing that Diane spoke over Gaga allll the time, so when Gaga finally politely told her off it  got me

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

To be fair though I understand where Diane is coming from. All the nominees should be shouted out and credited before the announcement. But throwing a tantrum is... something. She is such a random lady :laughga: 

Also I do feel bad for her being nominated like 15 times of multiple decades and never winning once. She's actually very talented and has written so many timeless, iconic songs

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

RudraCNG
14 hours ago, Edonis said:

14 hours ago, Gohan said:

Is this real OMGGG

Watching these two clips in a row is so painful :toofunny: