💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sophie Ellis-Bextor sings Murder on the Dancefloor to honor Paris Attack victims

Westerosi

Featured Posts

Westerosi

Sis. :toofunny:

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Ellis-Bextor spoke about the tragedy at the Bataclan, where 90 people were killed in coordinated terrorist attacks at a concert, during her tour stop.

“It didn’t feel right to me to just waltz into a song called ‘Murder on the Dancefloor’ without noting and paying tribute to the history,” she said, according to SkyNews.

In fan-recorded footage of the performance, Ellis-Bextor continued, “All I want to say is that ‘Murder on the Dancefloor’ is not a song with any evil in its heart."

She added: “The whole intention of that song, like this venue, is to bring joy and music onto the dancefloor. So in tribute to that spirit, and in tribute to everybody who has ever danced right here at the Bataclan, this is ‘Murder on the Dancefloor’.”

https://people.com/sophie-ellis-bextor-honors-2015-paris-attack-victims-murder-on-the-dancefloor-8606723

Edited by Westerosi
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 10
  • Shook 3

Roughhouse Dandy

Lmao I love this tbh 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • LMAO 3
  • Love 1

Westerosi
Just now, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Lmao I love this tbh 

paris hilton GIF by Kim Petras

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Ladle Ghoulash
29 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Lmao I love this tbh 

It’s giving: “I don’t believe in the glorification of murder. I do believe in the empowerment of women.”

RAMROD

When you don't have appropriate song in your repertoire :icant:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 9

AkariGaga

Giving Demi Lovato singing heart attack at heart association 

• Like 3
  • LMAO 20
  • YAAAS 1

hieronymus
10 minutes ago, AkariGaga said:

That's exactly what I was thinking too

• Like 1

Onlygaga
16 minutes ago, AkariGaga said:

You beat me to it :teehee:

27monster27

Remember when critics got mad at Katy Perry for releasing "Not The End of the World" during the pandemic? :rip:

he/him/his
  • LMAO 6

Ricardo

can't blame her, the song is everywhere rn but it would have been better if she didn't make that clarification :toofunny:

• Like 6

Westerosi
5 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

it would have been better if she didn't make that clarification :toofunny:

Right? :toofunny:

Guillaume Hamon

She was afraid it would be offensive I guess... I don't think it would have been an issue at all actually.

Not The Real Gaga

There is nothing wrong with what she said, right? I think it's a great statement.

berlinforme

Didn't she even ask the crowd if they're fine with it? And tbh it's not like she has many other hits this big, people go to her concert and want to hear that song. 

Edited by berlinforme
  • Like 7

Dadru
38 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

Didn't she even ask the crowd if they're fine with it? And tbh it's not like she has many other hits this big, people go to her concert and want to hear that song. 

I saw her in Utrecht last week, was a really fun show. She has a few more songs that are quite known in Europe, not as big as MOTDF of course. She was very charismatic and sweet, but yeah most people came to hear that song lol

• YAAAS 1