💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

New Album - Batman by Prince?

BricksNStrings

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
On 3/7/2024 at 8:48 AM, madmagical6 said:

I just find his music quite repetitive. The same beat seems to carry throughout his songs, seeming quite monotone. Nothing against Prince at all it just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure Gaga will put her one spin on it. 

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard someone say abt Prince 🫠 MONTONE?! Not only is he one of the most eclectic vocalists in modern pop, he’s also a versatile multi-instrumentalist 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edonis
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Has she? I’ve been here since the beginning and honestly can’t remember a time she verbally acknowledged Janet in particular the way she has MJ, Bowie, Grace jones, etc. Very open to being proven wrong! LOVE Janet so I’d welcome it, I just can’t remember a time she has lmao

I mean, you can look up the quote where she talks at length about channeling Madonna, Whitney Houston, and Prince while writing the Born This Way album. And the several interviews during The Fame where she talks about musicianship and appreciation for putting on a pop show with live instruments (and names Prince as one of those key figures), or his emphasis on iconography in pop, etc. And as for Janet, she spoke about her influence a few times during The Fame and Born this Way. 

You have to remember though, there is a distinct period in Gaga's early career where she just stopped talking about her idols and her influences in music altogether, likely due to unkind comments and backlash. Even going back to Joanne and Chromatica, she rarely name dropped specific artists that influenced the sounds or imagery from those eras, making fans rely on producers or collaborators to try and fill in the gaps and piece the puzzle together. Which, is a shame. I think the last time she actually gushed about her pop idols was right before ARTPOP, and even then, it was not nearly as frequent or in-depth as it was during her first three album cycles. 

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard someone say abt Prince 🫠 MONTONE?! Not only is he one of the most eclectic vocalists in modern pop, he’s also a versatile multi-instrumentalist 

You know, I kinda see where they’re coming from. Not that it all sounds the same but there’s something about a Prince song…you KNOW it’s Prince. He just had such a specific artistry that no matter what he did you knew it was him. Now, if that isn’t your thing it’ll turn you off but if you like it I think you won’t pay it any mind 

Edited by Ziggy

Ladle Ghoulash
32 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

You know, I kinda see where they’re coming from. Not that it all sounds the same but there’s something about a Prince song…you KNOW it’s Prince. He just had such a specific artistry that no matter what he did you knew it was him. Now, if that isn’t your thing it’ll turn you off but if you like it I think you won’t pay it any mind 

I just don’t think having a distinct sound = everything sounding the same, but I see what you mean