Featured Posts

Alegagaloo
34 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

This is unrelated though because the picture has always been in the studio 

do we have a proof?

TimotheeChalamet
3 hours ago, Alegagaloo said:

do we have a proof?

Every video footage that's available for the public won't show that part of the recording studio but if I'm not mistaken I remember it being framed on the wall when Imagine Dragons recorded there with Rick Rubin. That said, it's undeniable that Gaga is taking at least some inspiration by Prince with the quotes etc

madmagical6

Does Prince have any upbeat dance music? Just my personal preference but I'm really not into his music at all from what I've heard. 

Fck I luv Art
9 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

Purple lights 

The jazz band mentioning Prince 

Her comment about "sexy never left"

And now Batman

It makes sense :glamourpuss:

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤

Magic Mike

I’d rather have her deliver us an experimental album a la Prince’s “come” (1994)

Stephen

You're a genius @BricksNStrings I remember watching the Prince Batman music video as a kid. This would be an insane reference / direction for her.

• Love 1

Starmie25
1 hour ago, madmagical6 said:

Does Prince have any upbeat dance music? Just my personal preference but I'm really not into his music at all from what I've heard. 

Clearly you've been listening to the wrong artist. He has an insane amount of upbeat music. :poot:

• Thanks 7

LordByron28

I’d say that your theory makes sense given her hints about the album. I’d say ‘The Future’ by him is probably the blueprint for the album. Which makes me curious if she will incorporate the album to be apart of the marketing for the album. If a trailer releases in April then maybe the lead single debuts along with it. Although I see the album still being its own thing. I see some light inspiration sonically but still sounding different. It’d be cool if the weekend collab came true. 

Edited by LordByron28
  • Like 1

madmagical6
22 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Clearly you've been listening to the wrong artist. He has an insane amount of upbeat music. :poot:

I just find his music quite repetitive. The same beat seems to carry throughout his songs, seeming quite monotone. Nothing against Prince at all it just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure Gaga will put her one spin on it. 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

tyler k

interesting to see that she may be pulling from Prince's Batman soundtrack AND Bowie's Station to Station as they're both connected to films and both artists used the themes of said films to influence the albums as well.

Prince's Batman is actually fantastic as is Station to Station soooooo if this is any indication of what's to come...

:legend:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Tobcho

oh my god im crying tears of joy. we did it kids. we're finally about to get something truly good

• YAAAS 1

Bronco
2 hours ago, madmagical6 said:

While Prince isn't my personal style of music, he was famous for funk music. Dude basically invented music for fkin too lol

• Thanks 3

Edonis
2 hours ago, madmagical6 said:

If you mean like, 4 on the floor eurodance music then not really :huh: but his main genre is funk which is one of the parent genres of dance and disco, and his 90s stuff had elements of house, new jack swing, and electronic music so maybe check that out. He has an extremely large catalogue of music, with 40 albums tied to his name, so I would recommend doing some research into what era you'd want to check out. 

Realistically, Gaga will probably take influence from his 80s and early 90s stuff since most of her music is heavily influenced by those time periods, so maybe just focus on Prince albums from those eras. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

eunino
12 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

Purple lights 

The jazz band mentioning Prince 

Her comment about "sexy never left"

And now Batman

Not to mention the rumor that Gaga was in the studio with the Weeknd and then Abel randomly posting a pic of Prince in the studio on his IG stories.

looking season 7 GIF by Portlandia

• Like 5
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 1

NymphetaGold

It makes sense. She'll do her own album related to Joker, inspired by prince with batman. Bye

<3