Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

The BRIT Awards 2024

Teletubby

Featured Posts

bionic
1 hour ago, emili0 said:

I know Raye is already blowing up, but this is gonna be her ‘Someone Like You’ moment - the world is not ready!!!! :pawsup:

she's got a lot of industry-forced momentum so it makes sense they want their it girl to succeed

buy bionic

StrawberryBlond

I've never seen the BRITS supporting such a reasonably obscure act such as Raye (I know she had a #1 single last year but it was the only hit from her album, it hasn't even gone gold yet and most people are still unaware of her) so she could win big tonight. She became the first female to win Songwriter of the Year (the first award announced yesterday) which is really something that it took this long, so this is indicative that it could be her night. It's weird how she's up for best pop and RnB though. I get she's a mixture of both but I've never seen the same artist put under 2 different categories. I'm thinking she could win best pop but best RnB will go to a full-time artist to give it to a more underappreciated name. 

9 hours ago, Helxig said:

Just give this one to Lana! She deserves it just give her one damn it

She actually has 2 BRIT awards - she won Best International Breakthrough in 2012 and Best International Female in 2013. It helped that her debut was so beloved in Britain and these awards are more focused on quality than units sold. She's been nominated for international female almost every year since but as she's already won it, I'm not as bothered. But if she wins just one more, she'll have as many as Gaga. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bionic
15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I've never seen the BRITS supporting such a reasonably obscure act such as Raye (I know she had a #1 single last year but it was the only hit from her album, it hasn't even gone gold yet and most people are still unaware of her) so she could win big tonight. She became the first female to win Songwriter of the Year (the first award announced yesterday) which is really something that it took this long, so this is indicative that it could be her night. It's weird how she's up for best pop and RnB though. I get she's a mixture of both but I've never seen the same artist put under 2 different categories. I'm thinking she could win best pop but best RnB will go to a full-time artist to give it to a more underappreciated name. 

She actually has 2 BRIT awards - she won Best International Breakthrough in 2012 and Best International Female in 2013. It helped that her debut was so beloved in Britain and these awards are more focused on quality than units sold. She's been nominated for international female almost every year since but as she's already won it, I'm not as bothered. But if she wins just one more, she'll have as many as Gaga. 

For real Raye releases some good music but the way the industry is so aggressively behind her all of a sudden I find so off putting 

buy bionic

Teletubby

:noparty:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Sad 1

Karl
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I mean she was nominated for the mercury prize, she's critically acclaimed, which would make a change from giving the prize to the most popular artist. I love 21st century blues, one of the best albums of last year for sure impeccable from start to finish, was surprised she was snubbed at Grammy's.

Edited by Karl
  • Thanks 1

SlaeUrAnus

This is the best Brit Awards ever :traumatica:

Edited by SlaeUrAnus
In my messy era.

Teletubby

:heart:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

EdX

Damn.. so nice to see Ellie Goulding. Missed her voice a lottt 😭

Karl

I can't believe how much Raye is sweeping this. I'm so happy for her, the album is amazing, her voice is amazing. The biggest F U to her old label I could imagine after two years of going independent.

• Love 1

Keeo
10 hours ago, OMonster said:

So excited for Raye. What an artist! I get from her the feeling I used to get from Gaga. She's such a star and one of a kind talent.

Omg I keep saying this. She gives the same feelings I got for early Gaga and I am so excited to see where she goes next. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Karl
3 hours ago, bionic said:

she's got a lot of industry-forced momentum so it makes sense they want their it girl to succeed

I mean she's not signed to a major record label so the only industry forced momentum she has is from peers and music establishments like the Brits. Her rise has been pretty organic, she's been going for like 9 years. 

• Thanks 1

Karl

Sorry I know I keep banging on about her but my god, that Raye performance was one of the best I've ever seen for real

• Love 1

EGOT2027

damn i’m at the STD clinic and missing this :/

• LMAO 1

juicyjuicy

I’m so happy RAYE sweeeeptttt the awards CLEAN tonight. Record-breaking 6 wins in one night.

She deserves ALL her success and the peer / industry support is SO warranted. If anything, I’d still say she’s underrated. It’s taken her 10 years to get to where she is now and FINALLY the industry and the gen pop are finally listening to what she has to say and what her artistry is all about.

I’ve not been this excited about an artist since I saw early Gaga perform at the Miss Universe pageant in 2008. I knew she was going to blow UP.

thatfoxyfeeling

I'm so happy for Raye after she was snubbed by the Grammys. She deserves this, debut album is fantastic and she is a talent. :applause:

• Love 1