💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga has already released her magnum opus?

David Ward

Featured Posts

Head Empty

Born This Way is an album that is 100% a GAGA album. No other artist could've made those songs, and they're all extremely meaningful in their own way. Which solidifies it as her most significant album to day, in my book.

That said: it's not a perfect album. Some lyrics aged poorly, especially on the title track.

I think she has the potential to release a true magnum opus in the future, if that same rebellious spark ignites within her again.

I feel her releases in the past 10 years only highlight one facet of her talent at a time. It's always a specific genre, vocal style or theme that she tries to push forward. Born This Way brought it all together in one album. An even more elevated version of that would be her greatest work for sure.

• Like 1

JessFletch

Yes, but in a way, that is liberating. It allows for more creative freedom in the future, IMO

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” 

⚫️

Agunimon

I hope it is still in a future release, but for now it is certainly Born This Way.

• Like 1

Gorehound

Sadly I think so. Born This Way. (Tho I'd personally say The Fame Monster/ASIB).

ARTPOP was a reckless misfire, but Joanne and Chromatica are lukewarm at best, so unless she miraculously gets her Ray of Light moment, I'm not expecting anything to top Born This Way in the future.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Killa

Well i hope not lol cause. Im not satisfied, she can do better

I think she can bring the simplicity of tfm with the extravaganza that was btw that with some of the production cleaness of chromatica. I mean its a matter of inspiration, patient, luck and drive

she can do it i just know it. its a matter of commitment.

Most of all songs that symbolize freedom. Her later songs lack this aspect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Controversiaga

Yes.  I think she is artistically/creatively burnt out in terms of music and songwriting.

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1

StressedOut

Weirdly no, think it'll still come later haha. Love what we have now though obviously.

Rat Q

Magnum opus mentality kind of negates the soul of art, inherently. Every work is just as important and weighty as the next because of the innate objective experience person to person who is exposed to said art. Even for a creator the most chintzy of things can be the most defining and spine soldering and pendent in mind and meaning (or for any ‘ol stranger viewing it too) ,, Authenticity and profundity are defined and derived through intention

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"
  • Like 1

tylerjs
13 hours ago, palma said:

Yes and it’s Born This Way. I’d like Gaga to have a later-in-career creative renaissance like Ray of Light (tbh that and a full visual album are the only two things I’d like to see from her) but I’m not counting on it atm. :partysick:

100% Born This Way, with some tracks from TFM being strong contenders on their own. I’m sure she will continue to release magnificent works of art, but imo it would be absolutely impossible to recreate the sheer impact and energy that BTW possesses. There will never be anything like it.

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy

Y'all really have me wondering when/why it was unanimously decided that BTW was The One™️

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Shook 1

palma
8 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Y'all really have me wondering when/why it was unanimously decided that BTW was The One™️

When it saved us (late millenial and early gen z queer people) from being suicidal :traumatica:

• Thanks 2

Roughhouse Dandy
Just now, palma said:

When it saved us (late millenial and early gen z queer people) from being suicidal :traumatica:

That'll do it. Same haha

It confuses me a little bit I respect it! It's a phenomenal project it was everywhere; I just thought there'd be a little more debate. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

bim

Perhaps this is a little bit apples to oranges, but Thriller came out well into Michael’s career. People claim Station to Station is one of David Bowie’s best, same with Ray of Light and Confessions by Madonna. We can even look at 1989 by Taylor, which is a huge departure from where she started. You kind of don’t know what artists will pull out of their sleeve.

I feel like Miley is a good example. To me, while she’s had a great career thus far, it seems like she’s finally finding her stride in a way we’ve never seen before and the best is yet to come.

For all we know, LG7 could be the best she’s done for both fans and critics. Joker might be her best role yet too. The same could be true for LG10 or an acting role in her 60s. She might be cookin’ up an original broadway show that knocks all our socks off. The interludes at the chromatica ball, especially the sonnet, were some of my favorite tour pieces of hers I’ve ever seen, and that was such a curveball considering the aesthetics of chromatica we’d seen up until that point.

Only time will tell, and I personally feel excited about the future of her career while still being able to celebrate the past.