💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga has already released her magnum opus?

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

Has Gaga already released her magnum opus, or are we still eagerly awaiting it?

And if you believe she has, which album do you think deserves the title of her greatest work?

palma

Yes and it’s Born This Way. I’d like Gaga to have a later-in-career creative renaissance like Ray of Light (tbh that and a full visual album are the only two things I’d like to see from her) but I’m not counting on it atm. :partysick:

• Like 16
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 15

Anderson123

Yes, Born This Way, with The Fame Monster as a really close one. 

• Like 11

King of the Fall

Yes, but that does not mean she can't have another late career masterpiece. Madonna pulled if off twice with Ray of Light and Confessions

The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

Awrah999

I’m probably in the minority because I have love Born This Way and The Fame Monster (who doesn’t?) but A Star Is Born is in my opinion arguably her greatest work musically. Her vocals are unrivaled and the songs are timeless and have wide appeal in a way that surpasses her works prior. Bad Romance may be her magnum opus song, but the collection of songs including Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, and I’ll Never Love Again alone is on par with some of the greatest artists’ works ever and to do it in a role in which she was also an award winning actress is just doubly impressive. Gaga has a chops to have multiple other masterpieces in her career, but if her career ended today I think a strong argument could be made for A Star Is Born cementing her place in history as a versatile talent, musical chameleon, and vocal goddesss we all know her to be. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

llemesm

I think a lot about this subject. 

While almost everyone think this The Fame Monster/Born This Way eras were her golden years, I like to think she still has a lot of potential for a magnum opus that conquer the general public in a way she hasn't conquered yet (i think the closest era to achieve that was ASIB). 

• Like 5

Ivy

Possibly with Born This Way, but she seems excited about creating music again so I'll have to wait my opinion after LG7 :holdmyhand:

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Lucas

It's definitely Born This Way. She just can't top it and she doesn't have the same passion for music as she used to

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

juicyjuicy

Yes, UNLESS she releases a rock album and collabs with rock legends.

• Thanks 1

Ultimecia

I don't really like to think of artistic works in that sense.

I think you can always outdo yourself, as long as you have the will and passion. Artists like Björk, or video game series like The Legend of Zelda prove to me that it very well is possible to do so.

I think Born This Way is by far her most solid body of work, but calling it a "Magnum Opus" - something that she can never ever top - feels to me like atributing its quality to luck or circumstances only.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Blackout19

yas, Born This Way

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

TimotheeChalamet

Gaga always puts details in her albums that outdo the previous ones, but in terms of impact and message-wise I say she already did with Born This Way. And it's not because she's not passionate about music anymore (which as a debate is getting so tired, fans know she is a phenomenal musician who writes about herself better now than she did before). It's also notable that it takes a huge amount of courage to be Lady Gaga and completely twist your image from ARTPOP to Joanne, so I think that stripped back sound and vulnerabile lyrics are her true masterpiece in terms of personal meaning. 

weed

hmm... it's hard to say. I almost don't see TF-CTC Gaga as the same Gaga as AHS-today. I feel like 2009-2011 is her magnum opus, no specific body of work. 

Overall, no! It is still yet to come. 

• Like 1

Roughhouse Dandy

I think there's a strong chance of her releasing something on an entirely new level much later on when her career looks different, but it'll be underappreciated by her "big fans" because it won't be full of pop bangers. 

Popstar-wise, I think she already hit perfection with one of her projects. I won't say which one though for fear of getting drawn and quartered on here. 

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1