💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

GaGa: Art y capitalism can be friends

dit

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
3 minutes ago, Chromamama said:

What happened? Thats the question I want to know?

A big chunk of the GP and a considerable chunk of her own fans basically abandoned her during ARTPOP, so I guess she realized she shouldn’t care too much about anyone besides her self. Then she realized how being rich made her life so much more fun/comfortable. And now she’s a movie star that sells expensive makeup to keep living her lavish life lol and occasionally releases music to please her fans 

Railing
3 minutes ago, River said:

So when Taylor does it she's the best business woman of our generation, but when Gaga does it, it's oh my god I'm so disappointed..

Let her make this money from that damned makeup..

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Taylor's brand of capitalism comes from the marketing of her actual music, which is the most important thing. She also never made statements like Gaga did in 2013-15, so there isn't a big discrepancy.

Gaga's brand of capitalism comes entirely from slapping her name & face on a product (Haus Labs/Oreos/Dom Perignon) and letting herself be used for profit regardless of ethicality (Nurtec), something that 10 years ago she spoke out against, and said brought her shame.

• Like 19
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 10

Reality
11 minutes ago, River said:

So when Taylor does it she's the best business woman of our generation, but when Gaga does it, it's oh my god I'm so disappointed..

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Tbf I think a lot of people are getting tired of Taylor Swift atp

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Now we likley know for sure that she actually purely doing it for $$ when she did Nurtec ads, and not trying to be helpful for her fans who might suffer from migraines that some of you believes.  :icant:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Thanks 3

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

It's so funny that the very same people criticizing capitalism are probably the same who are typing their disappointment through their expensive smartphone :bionic:

Screen_Shot_2021-03-01_at_2.28.39_PM.png

• LMAO 5
  • Thanks 16

olive specter
31 minutes ago, lasagna said:

music and the bling i guess :air:

Reveal hidden contents

while i dont think this is an inherently bad statement ... and it does depend on the context and all ... it still is wild to me that this is the same girl that all those years ago said she'd never live in california, hated hollywood, hated selling perfume, music not the bling etc like damnnn if you'd told me in 2014 this is what gagas attitude would be i really wouldn't have believed you. i can't help but be a little bit heartbroken by it

y'all love to misuse this line

the whole song is about things coexisting with each other

art and pop

money, companies, labels and the artist

ARTPOP is literally about art and capitalism can be friends lol

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, River said:

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

It is easy to throw Taylor in this discussion when the nuance is very different between her and Gaga

Taylor is never once acted high and mighty that she sis some kind of artist who is better than someone who enjoy making money. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Controversiaga
15 minutes ago, River said:

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

People are in favor of Taylor doing it cause it’s all music related.  She’s putting out content her fans actually want.

gaga is doing everything BUT what we actually want lol :traumatica:  Taylor capitalizes on her music. She never is doing non music related business ventures (that we know of)

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Thanks 2

Chromamama
5 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

A big chunk of the GP and a considerable chunk of her own fans basically abandoned her during ARTPOP, so I guess she realized she shouldn’t care too much about anyone besides her self. Then she realized how being rich made her life so much more fun/comfortable. And now she’s a movie star that sells expensive makeup to keep living her lavish life lol and occasionally releases music to please her fans 

Thats actually so sad 

HiddenWeirdo
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Screen_Shot_2021-03-01_at_2.28.39_PM.png

Well, it surely won't help criticizing other people on ggd.. start by yourself 

homomo
2 minutes ago, olivia specter said:

y'all love to misuse this line

the whole song is about things coexisting with each other

art and pop

money, companies, labels and the artist

ARTPOP is literally about art and capitalism can be friends lol

ARTPOP (the song) is about the complete opposite. How can you not get that? She literally says “I try to sell myself but I am really laughing because I love the music not the bling”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

PartySick
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Breaking news: International business woman does business

She's speaking at a summit for her cosmetology venture, why do you people think she'll get up there and be all "music not the bling yasss free enterprise and self esteem tonight I will return the fame and riches earned with you I'd watch them all be burned!"

It's a business meeting

About business

In a capitalist society

She's saying creativity, passion, and integrity should be present in the Haus Labs brand instead of her brand doing what millions of others do - pushing crap products for ridiculous prices knowing people will buy it anyway

How can you be mad at that :ladyhaha:

@River pin me and lock this thread, the littles are a little too 🥴🥴 today, methinks

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

Chromamama
7 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

It's so funny that the very same people criticizing capitalism are probably the same who are expressing their disappointment through their expensive smartphone :bionic:

You can't communicate in society with a brick unfortunately 

• Thanks 1