💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

GaGa: Art y capitalism can be friends

dit

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Taylor does it all the time and yall eat it up. Gaga entertains the thought of it and yall ready to jump ship. :coffee:

That's the issue. Gaga entertains the thought. Not enough art and just capitalism. 

• Like 2

Delulu Rogers
1 hour ago, Ultimecia said:

I don't think what she said is wrong.

I think what pisses people off is that she's been all capitalism and no art these past few years.

Literally this. This is why ppl are upset. 

• Like 2

nattuggla

I find it hilarious how fans here feel outraged about the sentence she said here while they celebrated the budget about JFAD and Gaga's payment the other day..... :ladyhaha:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 8
  • Thanks 2

Snorlax

If she truly believed that her release schedules and merch wouldn't be such a mess :grr:

• LMAO 3

Controversiaga

Lady Gaga 2011: CAPITAL H.I.M. 

Lady Gaga 2024: CAPITAL I.S.M.

(posting this everywhere cuz it’s brilliant)

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • LMAO 8
  • YAAAS 3

Reject False Icons

I love how heated everyone is :huntyga: but why don’t we see the both sides of the fandom and understand why they feel like this, telling each other dumb won’t make the other side magically switch their opinion or cancel their emotions 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Controversiaga

it doesn’t matter if you love him, or CAPITAL I.S.M.  Just out your paws up baby. You were born this way 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • LMAO 5

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Delulu Rogers said:

That's the issue. Gaga entertains the thought. Not enough art and just capitalism. 

So if she were giving you all music every two years to pop your ******* to you'd be ok with her being a capitalist? Oh ok got it. I jus... ok ok. :coffee:

Edited by Spartacus
-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

BlingNotTheMusic

I'm late to this but my username has never checked out more :ororomunroe:

• LMAO 8
  • YAAAS 1

Ultimecia
2 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I'm late to this but my username has never checked out more :ororomunroe:

Literally what my first thought was reading all this mess :ladyhaha:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • YAAAS 1

Miky

ohhhh the Little Commies are not gonna be happy about this

nothign wrong with what she said though :shrug:

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Othon

Not only is this unequivocally false, it also blatantly undermines the central thesis of the first half decade of her career. It’s completely antithetical to the outsized ironic pop starlet character she played across four albums that explicitly criticized the impact of commerce and capital on art. The Bad Romance and G.U.Y. videos are literally (and critically) about this exact nonsensical idea!

It’s perfectly reasonable for any fan that’s been here from the beginning and had even a modicum of an investment in what she used to preach to find this kind of comment revolting. Especially given that she said this while promoting (and likely courting investors for) her cosmetics brand at an investment conference populated by venture capitalist vultures and organized by a militantly pro-Israel Zionist. And that’s not even mentioning the nearly three straight years of non-stop advertisements and brand deals for watches and alcohol and cotton products and pharmaceutical drugs (which shouldn’t even be legal!) etc. etc. that we’ve been subjected to from her.

• Like 10
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 1

Killa

You see noooo. You can argue how she’s always been about the masses and the capital, the whole shabang

the thing is she’s not using art to sell, she’s using her brand she constructed in a very fluid and organic way. But now it’s being manipulated and fabricated to sell everything

self acceptance, self expression and all that crap and she uses this all the time in products that exist only to make money.

this is not flash news but at least moderate the words cause what the hell. Yeah kindness queen. I swear if she comes back with the usual melodrama about all her pains and whatnot.. girl get over yourself

mm this just rub me in the wrong way, it was not cute to use her message from btw and ARTPOP she built with fandom. But then to come here always so high and mighty… just no

• Like 5

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

So if she were giving you all music every two years to pop your ******* to you'd be ok with her being a capitalist? Oh ok got it. I jus... ok ok. :coffee:

Well at least she would be committed to the bit then.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 1

Dancing Shadow

yall upset, but shes right.

We all have to play by the rules of the market. You work to make money, does that mean that your work is suddenly shallow and greedy? no. You just wanna be successful and live comfortably/happily. 

You just gotta find a balance between money and what you actually care about. 

Gaga clearly cares about her makeup, acting and music but she has grown and changed over time, and so has her relationship to these things. 

She wouldnt do something if she didnt genuinely love/respect/want it. 

Capitalism CAN be a good thing, depends what u spend ur money on. Gaga seems to spend hers on charity and things she cares about, people she cares about.

Have some faith in queen.

:pawsup:

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2