SevenAteNine
7 hours ago, Cello said:

I just realised she gave us one solo pop album in the last 7/8 years 

\ 

chromatica..?

RIP 9.

Delulu Rogers
26 minutes ago, Monet said:

Kinda off topic, but Bey don't pump out albuns all the time. Lemonade was released in 2016, Renassaince in 2022. Sure, we had The Gift in 2019 and Everything is Love in 2018, but you know what i mean. She's not releasing at the same rhytm as Taylor

Not the same as Taylor but still more than gaga. She'll soon will have released two, maybe even 3, albums since gaga released her last. 

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Monet said:

Kinda off topic, but Bey don't pump out albuns all the time. Lemonade was released in 2016, Renassaince in 2022. Sure, we had The Gift in 2019 and Everything is Love in 2018, but you know what i mean. She's not releasing at the same rhytm as Taylor

I think Beyoncé played this really smart this time around. Wait a while. Do an acclaimed side project (the gift). Come back with a cooked, expertly planned 3-act album run with tours and meaning to fans. Easy to take breaks when you come back swinging

• Like 1

StressedOut
On 2/29/2024 at 9:08 PM, Delulu Rogers said:

For all we know she's already doing that though. Maybe her contract says an album every 4 years or sooner and she waits until she absolutely has to release it because of her contract. I wouldn't call Taylor or Beyonce disingenuous and they pump out albums all the time. If the music is good and has impact, release sooner than later is not an issue. 

Agree that gaga might already be doing that.

Disagree about Beyonce, as I don't feel that she's just pumping albums out. (maybe in comparison to gaga) Tay is just churning them out and it does come off as disingenuous (to me) esp when I (personally) don't think the quality is there, but I recognize that's my issue, but great that her fans love the content. (I haven't loved too much after folklore/evermore tbh)

Ladle Ghoulash
On 3/1/2024 at 12:24 AM, llemesm said:

Why and how this is so surprising and dissapointing for some people?

Her estimated networth goes around +320 million dollars and she is an artist. OF COURSE she thinks art and capitalism can be friends, she verifies it every single morning when she wakes up in her mansion :ohwell:.

This just in: multimillion dollar pop star is a capitalist. Also: idk if people realize this, but by proxy of the sphere Gaga inhabits, her brand would technically be very corrupt  from a leftist/anti-corporatist view (and would’ve been for some time), so I really don’t know why people are surprised either lmao

• Thanks 1

Westerosi

In my business we practice something we call Conscious Capitalism. 

:vegas:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • LMAO 1