dit

Featured Posts

SpanishChaosAngel

why do you all act like that? she literally lives from capitalism

Edited by SpanishChaosAngel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Gagaism

We been knew luv. Make up and albums should become friends as well me thinks :artdoll2:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 4

Siena

y’all are babies we don’t even have the full quote or know the context and you’re upset lmao 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

mamo

it doesn't matter if you love art or capital ISM, just put ur paws down and run me my damn cheque :vegas: 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • LMAO 20

JessFletch

My ARTPOP is meaningless.

edit- she looks great today, though 👢

Edited by JessFletch
🌒
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Modern Ecstasy2
7 minutes ago, HugoJG said:

My first reaction was "sad" but remember artists has to eat too 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think Gaga is struggling to keep food on the table.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Like 11
  • LMAO 10
  • Thanks 4

Reality

In all seriousness though, while I don't think her statement is necessarily wrong—and also based on that tweet alone, it's missing a lot of context—I do think the optics look bad, especially considering she was someone who used to make art for only art's sake and not for some capitalistic ventures. 

That said, to be in the entertainment business is a mix of art and business. Look at any blockbuster or tentpole movie. Hell, Joker 2's budget was just revealed to be $200mm, which is considerably more than the first movie's. The whole reason why Joker is getting a sequel in the first place is because of the effects of capitalism in Hollywood. 

I also think it would be different if her artistic ventures weren't just Haus Labs right now :selena: (which she is speaking at this event for). Let's see how LG7 and Joker 2 pan out. Based on what we've seen and heard from Joker 2, I don't doubt she put a lot of herself into her work and took it seriously. It just also happens to be that the movie's getting a sequel because the first one made $1b :giveup:

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 6

King of the Fall

And to think a bunch of you people got your jockstraps in a knot when I said she spent too much time hawking makeup and was starting to feel like a product rather than an artist on her social media. Who is eating crow now?

The New Power Generation Tea GIF by Prince

Edited by North Country Guy
We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

MaybeKermit

Hmm I do understand what she means

and I feel like she’s just being honest about it.

+ NO she hasn’t changed. She’s always been a COMMERCIAL artist. She just played the game very well and made y’all feel that she was “only” there for the art —> WHICH WAS NEVER THE CASE. To be an artist like Gaga, you HAVE to be cut throat and be able to do BUSINESS. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4