Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga should belt less…

Obobo

Featured Posts

The Fame

Yes, agree. I've said it before but that  "I'M OFF THE DEEP END" type singing literally sounds like shes straining to sing (although I'm sure her technique is like...technically correct and not actually straining) and it's almost hard to listen to. 

A great example of a very ear pleasing belt is in Just Dance when she goes "Baaaaabyy!" in the background around the bridge. Sounds beautiful and bold but not at all strained. Edge of glory, too. She sings "bigger" but its done so well.

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Bolkins

I get where you’re coming from. I think belting is becoming less popular, and it seems softer vocals is what younger people (in particular) want to hear now. Bloody Mary is a good example of song where Gaga doesn’t really belt at all (except the dramatic screams for fun) and look how well it did in the current music landscape. I definitely think there is a demand for her to sing less belt-y songs, but it’s her signature style now it’s like expecting Adele to tone down her singing it’s unlikely to happen 

• Like 2

King of the Fall

I have been complaining about this for ages, just because you can belt on a song does not mean that you should do it every single time. It becomes obnoxious and tedious after awhile, that Hold My Hand performance was ruined because her vocals sounded like she was gargling on a bag full of nails

Edited by North Country Guy
We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Gaga2645

Theres already a lot going on in here :nooo:

idk it’s what has always drawn me into Gaga. It’s soooo BROAAAADWAAAAY of her and I live. I do feel she should be a bit more aware of when to utilize it though because I think it is taking a toll on her vocally (from a physical standpoint at times)

and before anybody gets offended no im not talking about any kind of “vocal d*cline” excessive belting when your mic is turned on for anybody can take a toll on you

Edited by Gaga2645
  • Like 3

rinasawachanta

I agree. It is no longer necessary for her to be demonstrating over and over again her vocal ability. Everyone already knows it. Besides she doesn't need to take refuge in those big show offs when she has the best and sexiest speaking voice I've ever heard. She could easily make an album talking and I would venerate it.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Emigrante

Kinda off topic but I love how she uses different voices in her songs. It makes them so interesting, like her falsetto, “screeching” lower voice, sensual voice etc. Most of her songs has so much vocal layers, I don’t usually see that much from other vocalists I listen to. 

Edited by Emigrante
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • Like 2

NATAH
1 hour ago, PlastiscGuy said:

I agree. That is the exact reason why I hated her What's Up cover :triggered:

omg i hate that cover so much, so painful to listen to

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 3

Gorehound

I agree she does tend to over-sing on her more recent songs. I've always found her softer voice so much more beautiful than her powerful belting (impressive as it is). I'd love her to sing in her OG soft and sultry way again.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 5

Obobo
24 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

Kinda off topic but I love how she uses different voices in her songs. It makes them so interesting, like her falsetto, “screeching” lower voice, sensual voice etc. Most of her songs has so much vocal layers, I don’t usually see that much from other vocalists I listen to. 

not off topic, timbre is the unique style and tone in singing. gaga is the master of that.

• Like 2

TEANUS

I wonder if it’s moreso the lesser vocal productions of Joanne, ASIB, and Chromatica that you’re disliking versus her actual delivery? In comparison to The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, and ARTPOP, everything after sounds like it has very minimal vocal layering/production. Those albums have tons of belts but they’re layered and mixed to have more depth and fit an electronic soundscape more. I think Chromatica was missing it a lot considering she went back to that exact soundscape.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 2

Emvee

The worst is when her belting sounds strained. 

Although I do love a good belting here and there, but if you rely too much on it, it starts to feel like a gimmick 

• Like 2

Bowman

I do agree with you, I can’t really listen to HMH or songs she belts or screams. I need some smoothness in LG7, ASIB is good though 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉