💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga should belt less…

Obobo

Featured Posts

Obobo

and focus on her timbre, hooks and melodies… not everything needs to have a BIG BOISTEROUS chorus.

Majority of her tracks post Born This Way have been showing off her vocal chops but it’s as if she forgot her timbre and hooks are what set her apart.

Kind of worried that if LG7 is rock inspired it’ll just be a yelling fest with Hold My Hand and Perfect Illusion type choruses. We need ear worms like the humming in HML, the Bowie like verses in Applause and vivid lyrics like “He ate my heart” in Monster.

I think her old tracks trending prove my point xoxo. :vegas: 

• Like 28
  • LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 16

Obobo
Just now, Catnikko said:

but rain on me & 911 beg to differ :fatcat: 

911 really felt like her old style

…but rain on me wasn’t that gaga imo. I found it funny when it released GP reactions generally said it was too H&M and thought her deep voiced “rain on me” and “rain on me tsunami” were the best parts of the track.

• Like 9

RAMROD

You try to limit her talent and make her basic?!! :dom:

JAIL!! :icant:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 7

Memento

totally agree, she can do so much more with her voice but she seems afraid to explore it in her own music

Talk **** on me again ill sandwich your fuggin face
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Obobo
3 minutes ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

I love her belting

Oh I do too but I think it’s overused now. She’s been playing it safe and trying to prove that she’s a good singer when what set her apart was mixing interesting melodies and vocal styles. 

She even cut out that beautiful bridge from the Babylon demo… :traumatica:

• Like 6

dit

You do have a point. Her most newer tracks incorporate a lot of belting and yelling and it’s enjoyable but to an extent it can be overbearing. Stupid Love is a good example of it. Her yelling “I want your stupid love” over and over again and the bridge just being her belting out “higher higher” etc was not pleasant to the ear tbh 

• Thanks 4

Obobo
12 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

You try to limit her talent and make her basic?!! :dom:

JAIL!! :icant:

:poot: Her talent isn’t just singing.

If you look at all the producers she worked with pre ARTPOP, their other collabs and solo work are basic af. The reason why I love her music is that she brings out the creativity from her producers. 

She doubled down on concepts and really enforced it in the lyrics and melodies. Now we just get some belting with a forgettable chorus with generic love and/or sad vibes.

Ultimecia

How tragic is it that her verse on Sour Candy is the most old Gaga-esque part of Chromatica, I looove her vocal delivery on it. :messga:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

Eggs

Gaga's belt is iconic and elevates a bunch of her songs, but it does feel like it has become default and there are plenty of instances where she'd be better off signing more softly. A few tracks on Joanne would be improved INSTANTLY if she didn't belt every chorus. Imagine Angel Down with a more appropriate singing style for the song. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Obobo
5 minutes ago, Eggs said:

Gaga's belt is iconic and elevates a bunch of her songs, but it does feel like it has become default and there are plenty of instances where she'd be better off signing more softly. A few tracks on Joanne would be improved INSTANTLY if she didn't belt every chorus. Imagine Angel Down with a more appropriate singing style for the song. 

I love the soft quiet part at the end Angel Down and it should have been the style of most of the song.

• Like 4

chuck

idk gaga could mumble rap and i'd still eat it up. she has a full range and i'd like to see more~

• Love 1