💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Allie X - John and Jonathan (STORYTIME!)

JohnnyVersace

Featured Posts

JohnnyVersace

Oooo I've been holding onto this one for literal years! :teehee: Wanted to share w my fellow pop girlies who appreciate this kind of stuff.

Back in 2018, I was able to attend Allie X's intimate show at Soho House, as well as her tour stop at Bowery Ballroom. At the time, me and my partner of 5 years had broken up, but were still hanging out trying to salvage something as we shared tons of friends and the NYC scene is actually quite small (you're always seeing people you know). I was a HUGE fan of her and specifically Super Sunset as it helped me a lot to deal with the breakup. She was touring with another artist (I can't remember the name) so after her set she was meeting fans at the merch table, signing things, taking selfies, etc. We waited in line, and upon meeting her she asked our names. "John and Jonathan" I said. A very common reaction when we introduce ourselves, she giggled over the similarity of our names, joking "maybe one day I'll write a song called John and Jonathan!"

Thinking nothing of this, me and Jonathan reconciled during the pandemic, moved back in together, and in 2021 he interviewed her for work (he's an editor, entertainment and celeb focused). He asked if she remembered our interaction and the joke of us having similar names, and she started singing on the spot over Zoom "John and Jonathan are on the town, are they going up are they going down?" Again, not thinking much of this, Jonathan posted on IG stories once his article was live, mentioning the verse. She DM-ed him shortly after, asking him to take it down. "I think it's going to be on the next album." Officially shook.

A couple of years went by, and we would joke/speculate about its release occasionally (especially as the singles for GWNF started coming out), fully expecting it to be cut. And then one morning, I saw a thread on here - the entirety of Girl With No Face had leaked. I started scouring the internet for more info, and found the tracklist on ATRL. Track 4. John and Jonathan. I gasped, screamed, woke Jonathan up and we both freaked. We were sent a link through her PR a couple months after, and have been bopping to our theme song as we get ready to go "on the town" ever since.

It's been a really fun ride these past few months, and the song's a bop that, as she put it, captures the lives of us "Manhattan gays." We met her for coffee the other day so Jonathan could interview her for InStyle, read below!

https://www.instyle.com/allie-x-john-and-jonathan-lyrics-explained-8599180  :vegas:

Edited by JohnnyVersace
  • YAAAS 6
  • Love 12
  • Shook 2

BlingNotTheMusic

Omg ICONIC behavior! 

It took me a few listens to figure out what she was trying to say with the song but I guess it's just honoring a sector of her ghey fans. How insane that one chance meeting inspired her so much! Congrats on your spot in her discography! :golfclap:

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
  • Love 2

JohnnyVersace
6 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Omg ICONIC behavior! 

It took me a few listens to figure out what she was trying to say with the song but I guess it's just honoring a sector of her ghey fans. How insane that one chance meeting inspired her so much! Congrats on your spot in her discography! :golfclap:

Thank you! It's funny, we were like....is it about us? And she said "Yes! But, no!" LOL

• Love 2

Sneaky Oliver

I don’t even care if this is all fan fiction, it was a good read :golfclap: John and Jonathan is a BOP 

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

alsemanche

THIS IS SO COOL OMG!!!! I love the song and it's sooo cute that we know the backstory now?? And that YOU are the backstory :giveup: that's adorable

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Love 3

JohnnyVersace
23 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I don’t even care if this is all fan fiction, it was a good read :golfclap: John and Jonathan is a BOP 

click the link bb there's a pic of us :hor:

SOON

OH MY GOD! that song is an instant fave of mine. What a legend :bradley:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua
  • Love 1

artdoll

What a fun story, so happy for you both! :hug: I love the song and the album. How cool is it that she wrote a song about you guys!?! :nick:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

CatelynnMarie

OH MY GOD!!! i am so grateful you shared this story. omg it truly made me HYPE. this is one of the coolest experiences omg i'm so excited for you both! :heart::legend:

King of the Fall

Allie does not miss, I have been a big fan ever since CollXtion I and I think this new album is the best thing she has ever done.

We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

HeavyMetal Halcyon

This is spectacular! I've also had the pleasure of meeting Allie while in NYC (I was at Sasha Velour's show during world pride ((MNEK was also there)). When I met her, I asked her to please tour to Salt Lake City next, and she said she would tell her team, and sure enough, she announced she would tour to SLC! (The tour was cancelled though) lol 

But Allie is always thinking of the fans and is very honest and genuine! I've been a huge fan of hers since 2015. 

• Love 3

Roboboy

Omg this was YOU!!! No way omfg

bpmMonkey

Really cute story and interview as well (which I actually just read at 1:30am on my way home from work 😅

She seems like such a genuine musician (in the truest sense of the word) and I’ve always loved her for that. Her music never disappoints, which helps. Need You will always be my fav of hers tho. 

(but the line in the interview where it was mentioned „I’ve been listening to J&J for months“… you surely weren’t listening to leaks but to an actual official prerelease, right :trollga:)

littlepotter

That is absolutely the best thing I've ever read OMG. Like imagine meeting a fave and she writes a song about you i would dieeeeee

chaeri pls