Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Is boring fashion helping to reduce cancellation

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

I'll keep it brief

There are mega trends in fashion, right? the ones that last years or even a complete decade so this past decade after the classic Gaga period, fashion in pop singers has been low key, attainable and for me boring

So when the public gets tired of the singers popularity, the lack of seeing publicly an excess of wealth with avant-garde fashion (which is directly impacting the image of the singer) leaves subconsciously people with less arms to ridicule/attack them, for example is this why miss Swift does not get a major retaliation after being exposed as a top jet polluter or Rihanna who despite being widely considered a fashionista but keeping it more casual these last years helps her avoid the negative image of a billionaire and the ethical issues of Fenty beauty and instead shows her closer to the public?

Edited by Reject False Icons
  • Like 1

• Reject False Icons changed the title to Is boring fashion helping to reduce cancellation
ARTPOPKISS
16 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

This why miss Swift does not get a major retaliation after being exposed as a top jet polluter or Rihanna who despite being widely considered a fashionista but keeping it more casual these last years helps her avoid the negative image of a billionaire and the ethical issues of Fenty beauty and instead shows her closer to the public?

I think celebs just need stop doing shitty things period :trollga:

F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Future Lovers

No I just think people

1) Don't care about what celebrities wear all that much anymore outside of events specifically catering toward fashion like the Met Gala

and

2) Don't really read into the "controversies" you mentioned because they exist primarily online and social media rather than out in real life. Like sure you can get on Twitter and see a ton about Taylor and her jet or Rihanna and the Fenty ethics stuff, and they're not unworthy of discussion, but that's not really a conversation people are having anywhere else. Contrary to popular belief, "cancellation" has to come from somewhere other than solely social media and if the real world isn't engaged in that, then it stays relegated to an online talking point. 

That's not even to mention many of the people who do actually discuss it online don't actually care and just want the engagement. 

Edited by Future Lovers

hieronymus

Taylor hasn't ever worn anything particularly challenging aside from like supremely tacky rhinestoned princess gowns in her early years or those apparently highly scandalous midriff baring ensembles during 1989, so she's not a great example.

Rihanna has been pregnant & postpartum for a solid chunk of time recently so she gets a pass, but even then she still found ways to dress up and be stylish.

Idk, I think people have just gone boring and given into comfort. In Gaga's case, she has fibromyalgia and potentially lupus. She physically can't be who she once was.

Edited by hieronymus

Helxig

Idk about that but I do know that there is a documented shift that happened during covid, and still exists now, related to how regular people view celebrities and wealth. Before covid the general public idolised rich people, loved having a look into their upper class lives, giant mansions, expensive fashion, etc. But during covid when the rich fell out of touch it felt like a slap in the face to those struggling. Now the economy is screwed and people are struggling financially more than before. So these days we are less receptive to rich people flaunting their wealth. I think this plays into things like the rise in cottage core, simple living, clean girl aesthetic etc. We're sick of seeing the rich flaunt what they have when we have less and less

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 2