💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Imagine ALL of the deals/partnerships in 2020

TEANUS

Featured Posts

TEANUS

I think the Fortnite event may be the longest rumored/confirmed/delayed Gaga event in history :ladyhaha:

Anyways, with the mass amounts of people that this is gonna expose Gaga/Chromatica to, it really puts into perspective how insane 2020 would have been with all of these droplet brand partnerships/events happening in a span of a few months versus over the course of ~four years. Between the album, Haus Labs, Fortnite, Coachella, Oreo, Don Perignon, Apple (GagaRadio, GarageBand, etc), Valentino, Tudor, The Weather Channel, Adobe, and more that I’m sure were totally scrapped, Gaga would have been INESCAPABLE. They said it was her biggest planned campaign since Born This Way and they really weren’t kidding. She would have had her name in technology, cosmetics, gaming, music, fashion, food, alcohol, and more
scream-professional.gif

We can sh*t on the brand deals all we want but I can’t blame them for opting to do them this way. If the blitz wasn’t important/doable for them anymore then I get it - spread everything out until the next campaign to bring her name back every so often. It really wouldn’t have made sense to pause from June 2020 to August 2020 (BLM, activism) and October 2020 to March 2021 (election and House of Gucci filming) and smash out all of that content in between. It’s definitely not fan friendly, especially in combination with the silence in between, but i think it’s still important to enjoy the fact that we still got all of this content that was planned. It wasn’t timely or meticulously designed to maximize exposure anymore, but it’s just about all available to us to remember/experience now.

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 3

TEANUS

On another note, anyone who thinks LG7 isn’t coming this spring/summer is delusional and between this resurgence in activity, Fortnite, TikTok trends (UMG’s content will surely come back eventually), LG7, Joker 2, Haus Labs, and other things sure to be in the pipeline, 2024 is shaping up to be a massive year in Gaga’s career :vegas:

• YAAAS 1

River

Fornite Festival Featuring Lady Gaga - 5 years in the making (and there's still a small chance that it might get cancel 1 minute before going live)

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Didymus

I don't like calling brand deals "content".

They remain completely unnecessary, except to compensate for the fact that Gaga (supposedly) isn't making enough money with music and touring.

Also, the "inescapable" BTW campaign led to people getting sick of her in two seconds. Media overexposure is a thing, especially in this era. I feel like people are getting tired of campaign driven eras and are much more preferring how stars like Taylor and SZA are doing it: personably, art forward, and on their own schedule.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 1

TEANUS
4 minutes ago, River said:

Fornite Festival Featuring Lady Gaga - 5 years in the making (and there's still a small chance that it might get cancel 1 minute before going live)

Then Burn The Porch - Lady Gaga presents The Chromatica Ball, 2 years in the making to follow :stupidoreo:

• YAAAS 1

Starmie25

Gaga being in Fortnite is absolute genius, especially with LG7 just around the corner and possibly TCB film. Couldn't care less that it's 4 years later. 

Still baffled by half the users dragging this incredible opportunity to showcase her music again even if it is virtual.

Gamers more hyped for this collab then some of her own fans.

:vegas:

Edited by Starmie25
  • Thanks 5

River

we might get the chromosomica ball tour dvd in UHD after all

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Love 1

TEANUS
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

They remain completely unnecessary, except to compensate for the fact that Gaga (supposedly) isn't making enough money with music and touring.

Also, the "inescapable" BTW campaign led to people getting sick of her in two seconds. Media overexposure is a thing, especially in this era. I feel like people are getting tired of campaign driven eras and are much more preferring how stars like Taylor and SZA are doing it: personably, art forward, and on their own time schedule.

If it was just her tweeting a video of her saying how much she liked a product then I’d agree, but most of these very literally included their own Chromatica-themed visuals (Dom Perignon, Valentino, Apple, The Weather Channel) or interactive experiences (GarageBand, Fortnite), so yeah I would call a lot of it content…

• Like 1

TEANUS
6 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Gaga being in Fortnite is absolute genius, especially with LG7 just around the corner and possibly TCB film. Couldn't care less that it's 4 years later. 

Still baffled by half the users dragging this incredible opportunity to showcase her music again even if it is virtual.

Gamers more hyped for this collab then some of her own fans.

:vegas:

Not to mention within hours I saw a viral meme about her outfits/performances in Fortnite’s landscape

Plus the amount of people who use the Ariana, The Weeknd, or Travis Scott skins is insane

Edited by TEANUS

TEANUS
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Also, the "inescapable" BTW campaign led to people getting sick of her in two seconds. Media overexposure is a thing, especially in this era. I feel like people are getting tired of campaign driven eras and are much more preferring how stars like Taylor and SZA are doing it: personably, art forward, and on their own time schedule.

Also this campaign would’ve been miles different than BTW and the controversies that surrounded it. No polarizing visuals like Born This Way and Judas and it wouldn’t be countless interviews of her talking about her music and life or countless performances of the singles. Not to mention her image was primed and ready for more public adoration following Coachella, the Super Bowl, and A Star Is Born versus coming from her most controversial visual at the time: Alejandro.

Edited by TEANUS

InTheCloset
27 minutes ago, River said:

Fortnite im devastated:traumatica:

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • LMAO 3

imnotyourbabe10
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Also, the "inescapable" BTW campaign led to people getting sick of her in two seconds. Media overexposure is a thing, especially in this era. I feel like people are getting tired of campaign driven eras and are much more preferring how stars like Taylor and SZA are doing it: personably, art forward, and on their own schedule.

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

All of this! Bling, not the music apparently 

TEANUS
4 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

All of this! Bling, not the music apparently 

6 hours ago, TEANUS said:

If it was just her tweeting a video of her saying how much she liked a product then I’d agree, but most of these very literally included their own Chromatica-themed visuals (Dom Perignon, Valentino, Apple, The Weather Channel) or interactive experiences (GarageBand, Fortnite), so yeah I would call a lot of it content…