Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

⚫️ MUSIC or LYRICS? 🎶

JessFletch

Featured Posts

Poltergeist

As much as I love some great lyrics, I'd listen to a bop if it is a bop, even if the lyrics are plain stupid. But if I don't vibe with a song sonically, I won't replay it. Of course the best situation is when a song is amazing in both of those ways, but if I had to choose, I'd always go with sound.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Poltergeist

I've just noticed there were two more questions!

My favorite Gaga's song lyrics wise has to be Sine, I love the story it tells, comparing sound to a God creating the world, in terms of production it's super hard to choose one, and I find it impossible, but the honorable mentions are: Heavy Metal Lover, Marry The Night, ARTPOP, Dance In The Dark, Sexxx Dreams, G.U.Y, Electric Chapel, and probably many more, but these were the first ones to come to my mind :flutter:

• YAAAS 1

JessFletch

Musically, I find Sine to be incredibly irritating. I'll have to give it another try with emphasis on the lyrics! Thanks

⚫️

Poltergeist
1 minute ago, JessFletch said:

Musically, I find Sine to be incredibly irritating. I'll have to give it another try with emphasis on the lyrics! Thanks

Yeah, this one is super polarizing among the fans. But with such a broad catalog as Gaga's it'd be hard to please everyone 100%, everyone can have their own pearls!

• Like 1

Agunimon

I place a much greater weight on the lyrical content of a song than I do anything else with the exception of melody, which I also tie into the writing. I think Gaga has a strong talent for writing very impactful and memorable melodies, but I believe her lyrical content falls flat a lot of the time. 

• Like 4

ARTPOPKISS

The one thing that I find most appealing abt gagas music is the fact that it sound so good and the lyrics are so we'll written i dont think one could exist without the other:kara:

F@ggotry at its finest
  • Love 1

Ronk

I feel the lyrics are the most important.  I have heard songs where the music was plain and not special at all, yet the lyrics paint a wonderful picture in a person's mind.  Such songs are very moving emotionally, even without great music.

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Like 1

JessFletch

@Ronk it is a balancing act for sure. I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to have complex, well-articulated emotions you've finally managed to express on paper, but then having to crush and reshape them to fit into beep-boop music.

⚫️
  • Like 1

Fck I luv Art

Real, I wrote in my notepad some of my fav Gaga's songs and Lyrics and, I thinks that simple words are sometimes the best to understand what a songwriter want to explain to us...

I mean "You And I" is such a badass song. She start it with some sweet vocals who litteraly seems like she's about to sing a lullaby and end her song with the same verse just like we were about to listen to a sweet ballad. The instrumental sounds very electro-rock-weird in a cool way since the beggining so we basically understand that it's another Gaga's bop. It's a love song but Gaga use her voice to express how intense was her love story by screaming "you, you and I". She could tell us that she's a sweet gf with a though guy but nah she explain us that she made love with her bf with her high heels on, she likes the taste of whiskey of her bf. It's a very country song, almost patriotic song she talk about her father, Jesus, New-York and Nebrasaka.

I think all of these things reinforces the idea that Gaga had an epic relationship with her boyfriend.

(I'm french does this paragraph make sense lol ??? :laughga:)

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤
  • Love 1

skedaddleBItCh

1. I guess more on to music? I find myself enjoying songs with great production despite the inferior lyrics lol however, that doesn't mean lyrics are not important. It's always a joy to find and discover every bits of storytelling and profound meaning of each song I hear and read. I think these two go hand-in-hand most of the time.

2. This is kinda hard cuz she had multiple lyrical highlights. Atm I got to go with 911. The songwriting is honestly insane on this one. Emotional faders, self-hating phrases, biological stasis, dolls inside diamond boxes, and pair that with a great MV and production, it really deserves a place to be in one of her discography highlights. 

Very much controversial take amongst the fans in this forum:triggered:but Chromatica puts great balance between lyrics and production imo which makes every song enjoyable to listen to.

3. So many! But I would probably say Bad Romance, question mark. A very basique answer but it's truth to me. Huge synths, grandiose ambience, just a joy to listen to that makes you wanna dance. 

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭
  • Love 1

JessFletch

@Fck I luv Art not only does it make sense, but I agree! You & I is not my favorite Gaga song, but you can tell she was especially passionate about that one. Gritty country rock pairs well with romantic messages, and she managed to unite fans of different genres for a brief shining moment.

Edited by JessFletch
⚫️
  • Like 1

• JessFletch changed the title to ⚫️ MUSIC or LYRICS? 🎶