Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7, Joker 2, and David Bowie Connection

Reality

Featured Posts

Reality

I posted this in the "Gaga in studio" thread, but @Schizophonic suggested I make it its own separate thread, so here we go :vegas:

Ok I have a wild ass theory, but stick with me...

The outfits she wore in the posts last week resembled David Bowie's Thin White Duke persona. The fact that the photos were in black and white also matches the Thin White Duke aesthetics. From Wikipedia, "the Duke was a hollow man who sang songs of romance with an agonised intensity while feeling nothing, 'dry ice masquerading as fire'". Maybe the black heart emoji is a hint? 🖤

Bowie also described that persona as an "ogre", hence the ogre emoji. 👹

Now the alien emoji from her latest post? The Thin White Duke is a persona from Bowie's Station to Station album, which took inspiration from Bowie's film The Man Who Fell to Earth, where he plays an alien named Thomas Jerome Newton 👽

I'm thinking that Gaga is doing something similar with Joker 2. Maybe filming that movie—which she called a very introspective time for herself—influenced her to make an album somewhat inspired by it. Of course it's not a "Harley" album, but similar to how the Thin White Duke & Thomas Newton/The Man Who Fell to Earth influenced Bowie's Station to Station era, maybe Harley/Joker 2 influenced LG7 :firega:

Ok that's all :gayhat:

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 6
  • Shook 1

Schizophonic

Thanks honey, like I said… I find that theory highly interesting and logic.

I‘m pretty sure she kind of did the same with Joanne/ASIB and TheCure/Ally.

A lot people were really surprised by her talent on AStar and it was almost as if she prepared something in advance for the new audience to enjoy… 

• Love 1

dit

When 👹 turns out to just be the emoji she uses to describe Michael then what we gonna do?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d731frc6xa0vgy0i0o6e

jk I actually really think you raised an interesting theory tbh. I like the idea of her personifying something in this transitional period where she is working on projects that can bleed into each other inspiration wise. Love IT!

• Love 1

BlingNotTheMusic

Love this but it's all dependent on if Gaga is actually using Emojis to convey the era. She did with Chromatica but not until after the era had started I believe...

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

Helxig

I love a concept album so here's hoping she's thinking in this kind of way :excited2:

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fĹŤcking close the coffin.
  • YAAAS 1

HelloHangoverz
4 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I love a concept album so here's hoping she's thinking in this kind of way :excited2:

I've always wanted a proper concept album from Gaga, she'd ****ing kill it

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Thanks 1

M i K E Y

The most sane concept I read on this site in a long time. It all makes sense 

King of the Fall

Let us hope that if Gaga is channeling Thin White Duke, it results in an album even half as good as Station to Station. It is a very dark and funky sound that I could totally see her nailing and will mean she is diving into uncharted territory.

Edited by Angelene
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 1

Schizophonic

i would like to know why she hides her face in the professional studio pics

the ones in purple she had sunglasses in a already dark studio and hand on mouth... 

kenmonster

and that station to station intro is very reminiscent of the chromatica ball interlude for me so yeah

• Like 1

King of the Fall
7 minutes ago, kyi33r said:

and that station to station intro is very reminiscent of the chromatica ball interlude for me so yeah

Yeah and when the song hits the 7:40 mark, I start getting serious electric chapel vibes with a bit more funk. The more I listen to this album, the more I am convinced that Gaga could body something like this.

The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • YAAAS 2

Helxig
1 hour ago, HelloHangoverz said:

I've always wanted a proper concept album from Gaga, she'd ****ing kill it

That's what I'm screaming! But I feel like she changes too much across the span of an era to stick to it. She kinda had a few things going during ARTPOP like the goddess of love and such which I thoroughly enjoyed

I'll be myself until they fĹŤcking close the coffin.

Schizophonic
8 hours ago, Levine said:

Black heart = The Black Duchess? Would that be a problematic title?

if we stay with bowie, i think she refers to a cold heart and not a black one

• Like 1