💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Theory: The dark heart imagery is a deliberate follow up to Chromatica

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

So I posted about this in another thread yesterday, and with the recent uptick of news about LG7 I’ve worked out a bit of a theory/concept about what the prevalence of the black heart emojis in Gaga’s recent posts could be referencing towards for LG7.

So we know Chromatica’s theme was all about Gaga’s mental health struggles, and ‘Chromatica’ itself was created as an internal universe along with imagery of the human brain indicating it’s a fantasy place used to cope with struggles surrounding mental health, trauma, mental illness and anti-psychotic medication, among other relative themes. This was mainly reflected in for example the album artwork, photoshoot and booklet and made up the general concept of the album.

What if for LG7 since it follows up Chromatica, the dark hearts imagery is supposed to reflect that with this album the heart as opposed to the brain is going to be centrally themed, and the fact that the heart is black/dark/rotten is deliberately done to emphasize on the effect the mental state (brain) that was showcased and presented in Chromatica makes on the emotional state (the heart), and seeing as what’s discussed on Chromatica indicated the mental state was largely negative (as Gaga wrote in Chromatica about experiencing PTSD, anti-psychotics, despair in reaching out to others, chronic pain, identity, struggle with fame) it leaves the heart/emotional state in an even worse state, therefore the heart is black/dark and thus, rotten/abandoned/in a bad state and the concept of this album will be either similar to Chromatica in that Gaga will create another internal universe to symbolize that or will approach it in another way.

Especially seeing as the brain and the heart are often compared to each other and are considered among the most vital organs of the body compared with the fact that Gaga has often used similar themes (such as the lyrics in Monster ‘He ate my heart and then he ate my brain’) in her music and visuals combined with the fact that it could be another yin/yang situation like The Fame vs The Fame Monster where it’ll be Chromatica vs LG7 (brain vs heart).

🖤

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 10

Red

If Chromatica was already a dark album, imagine the darker version :bradley:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Shook 2

BlingNotTheMusic

If this were the case, wouldn't she be using 🧠⚔️ instead of 🩷⚔️?

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

Ivy

I like this theory, like the heart has suffered all of the pain of the mind. Maybe even she could have something about the relationship between her heart and mind 

I was thinking about how colorful Chromatica is and the fact LG7 so far is looking monochrome gave me the idea that it could be about leaving Chromatica and moving on after struggles and heartbreaks. This kind of goes with your theory because she's coming out of the fantasy and finding out her heart has become dark.. but then maybe she shows healing from that too

I love speculations it's the most fun part of pre era :tony: 

Maxine Puth
1 hour ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

If this were the case, wouldn't she be using 🧠⚔️ instead of 🩷⚔️?

Pink heart is for the kindness punks :traumatica: but the brain is symbolic of the whole album, that’s why the back cover is a zoomed in brain, why she had a brain piano at the VMAs

Chlorine

Well... what was the very last moment of the Chromatica era, canonically? Gaga waking up from her fantasy world... :ph34r:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-18-at-12.06.32-PM.jpg

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 2

skedaddleBItCh

This could make sense since the era performances and visuals progressively got darker as well:enigma:

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

Butters Stotch

This could make sense. To me, the music in LG7 has probably been inspired by Harley Queen in a way.

We know Gaga's struggles with mental health and Hhow important that topic is for her, so maybe playing a character that has completely lost her mental health took Gaga to dark places she'd never been before.

We'll have to wait and see :glamourpuss:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Schizophonic

chromaticas dark sister album, i would ****ing die 

yes please