rumor

Ava Max rumored to sample Bad Romance

Noah

Featured Posts

hieronymus
3 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

Bad Romance is already a sample of another song tho 

3 hours ago, hieronymus said:

You guys really need to learn the difference between using a single sampled element of a song vs recycling it completely to get a cheap hit

Mr S
4 hours ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised, but at the same time I doubt that she or her team would sample any Lady Gaga because of the Gaga comparisons/hate that she’s gotten from stans. She’s literally playing with fire/asking for a Born this Way/Express Yourself type of era. 

Edit: I would still stream the song though, not gonna lie.  

This might be a controversial statement, but wouldn’t it be a sample of a sample technically; since Bad Romance has a sample on its instrumental? 

Sis better hire RedOne again.

I think it's fine. The BTW/EY example has different context. Gaga at the time was considered the new Madonna, coming for her throne. Ava Max, no offense, is just some c list pop singer. People just consider her as a second rate Gaga at best.

Noah X

She's gonna replace Gaga and the kids will think she's the Gaga of their time :udidnt:

Controversiaga
2 hours ago, hieronymus said:

I know the difference and what I said is true 

bad romance samples another song

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Agunimon
2 hours ago, Noah X said:

She's gonna replace Gaga and the kids will think she's the Gaga of their time :udidnt:

She already has, Noah. :ororomunroe:

• LMAO 1

MelbHawker

No doubt it’ll be a bop, but I don’t like the way she samples. It’s too obvious. Like.. she’s better than it. 

• Like 1

hieronymus
16 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

quick question, does it sound like that song?

when you hear Bad Romance does DJ sample pack track number 14 come to mind? like when you listen to most of Ava's singles and it's like Oh damn. This is the same chorus or hook or verse or melody as that huge song from 15-30 years ago that people already love

That is not the same level of sampling. There's building a new song that uses parts of another song and there's building a song from another song, and I'll let you parse out who's doing which one.

Edited by hieronymus
  • Thanks 2

Admin
41 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

Bad Romance does not sample anything

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Gagaplayer315

Pack your bags Gaga, it’s over for you :lolly:

Emigrante

At this point does she have any songs that aren’t heavy samples of another’s?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

M i K E Y
24 minutes ago, Admin said:

Bad Romance does not sample anything

It does. The beat samples Ballanation 04 by DJ Dean

Edited by M i K E Y
  • Thanks 2

Admin
25 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

It does. The beat samples Ballanation 04 by DJ Dean

I’m not sure if that counts as a sample, it’s probably a sample pack. 

What I meant is, according to the Bad Romance credits, it doesn’t sample anything so if Ava does sample it she would only have to credit Gaga and RedOne.

gagzus

I mean… didn’t she  basically sample it on SBP? :poot: 

you can literally sing Bad Romance over Sweet But a Psycho anyway, and countless YouTube mashups have proven it :rip:

gagzus
13 minutes ago, Admin said:

I’m not sure if that counts as a sample, it’s probably a sample pack. 

What I meant is, according to the Bad Romance credits, it doesn’t sample anything so if Ava does sample it she would only have to credit Gaga and RedOne.

As a person who’s into music production I can tell you it does. it’s the same 32 counts of the EXACT beat lifted and looped and just changed in tempo. because copyright law explicitly states you have to change 80% of something for it to evade copyright she probably does have to give royalties to whoever originated the beat. Unless they themselves sampled this or bought a sample pack RedOne could also buy ala Judas, but it would be odd since there’s drums, kick drums and high hats that are all used exactly the same  in the same succession and in the exact same count in BR and this song.

the “oooh ohhh” part is also identical and possibly a sample of Speed of Light from 1991 as well

Edited by gagzus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2