question

RIP to a great GGD member

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

KillerMonster

Ugh… I don’t know what to say. May her soul forever be in peace. :(

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

PopReaper

This is heartbreaking to hear. Chic and I had a few interactions throughout my time here and she always came across as being really nice, and seeing her share her journey of coming out and transitioning was very inspiring. I hope she's at peace :(

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"
  • Love 3

RebeldeFaith

I was wondering where she went a while ago expecting something better for her. She deserved better. Rest in peace, icon. 🥀

Something something idk
  • Love 3

Battle 4 Ur Life

Chic was so nice and she was fun and very very lighthearted and I think like myself she was always excited for ideas for visuals and she was also very into fashion. She would change her hair style. I remember she posted when she went to Future Nostalgia Tour and I told her she looked great and like she had the best time ever (which I’m pretty sure she confirmed).

May her soul rest in peace and I’m sure she’s somewhere where it’s not such a hostile and dangerous place to be ourselves or to be someone different, as in unique.

you are still remembered and present in our community, Chic.

:pawsup::kara:

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."
  • Love 5

homomo

Chic was one of the first members I remember from back in the day. Rest in paradise sister :heart:

• Love 3

monstertoronto
6 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

My jaw dropped when I saw the update to this. I guess now I can give a more detailed story because I no longer have to protect her privacy.

Nikki and I go way back. She's the first person I formed a friendship with here. She was a keen songwriter and wished to become famous and would always send me songs she'd written, inspired by some of her favourite artists like Gaga, Lana Del Rey and Kim Petras. She suffered a lot through her quest to transition, especially with gaining acceptance from her dad, although he started to come around to her towards the end. She was unlucky in love but love was what she really wanted. If I remember rightly, she did marry her boyfriend but divorced him very quickly and moved on with a new man but that eventually ended too. She started dabbling in lower grade drugs like weed and mushrooms to cope with mental struggles. The most tragic thing was her battle with depression and her suicide attempts. I remember the time she sent me a message saying she was going to do it and saying goodbye and I freaked out, knowing that I was the last person who could stop her and I'd feel so guilty if she did it but I was helplessly through a screen and halfway across the world. In desperation, I made a GGD thread, asking everyone to band together and send her well wishes so she knew she was needed and loved and amazingly, she stayed with us but she privately made me promise that if she ever tried to do this again that I wouldn't resort to these measures. So, when she did later on tell me she was going to do it once more (she even sent me a photo of what she was going to use which was so disturbing), I just clammed up and prayed God would watch over her. Again, she didn't follow through and thankfully, attempts became a thing of the past, though she still struggled emotionally with depression for years after. She took a big break from the forum and when she came back, she was telling me that she was dating Post Malone's cousin (I know, I still don't know how they met) and shockingly, that she was taking coke at parties, which was the hardest drug she'd ever taken. I was shocked and told her she really shouldn't but she insisted it was fine and she was taking it responsibly. We last spoke in September of 2022 with her giving no indication she was leaving and ever since, I've been fearing that she died of an overdose more than suicide. I've kept hopeful that she would come back very soon. I was actually getting a feeling that she'd return in about a month or two. Sadly, that feeling was actually this topic announcement...

Because of our age gap and the advice I'd give her, she'd affectionately call me Big Sister sometimes and I'd in turn call her Little Sister. So, I hope you're looking down on us now, Little Sister Nikki. Just know that we tried our best to save you and you'll be sadly missed. Until we meet again, 

Your friend, StrawberryBlond, aka Rachel, aka Big Sister. x :heart:

Since she called herself Nikki, there's a big chance she could have been been Nick or Nicholas before? I'm not even sure if Hudson was her real surname, although judging by her friend's post, it would suggest so. Have you tried reaching out to him on Facebook to ask? She was mostly in New York and Boston, if that helps on where you look up obituaries. 

This is all so sad. You were a very strong support to her. I’m sorry you had to deal with the stress of her suicide attempts/thoughts, that is so much pressure! 

Im very sorry to hear she has passed. I remember her around the forum. RIP. 

• Love 5

Franch Toast

I'm so sad to hear this news. I appreciated the few interactions I had with her. 

I'm very sorry to those of you here who were close to her. @StrawberryBlond @candiedroses please take care of yourself, as it sounds like you both knew her well. :runhug:

I hope she is at peace. :heart:

She/Her/Hers
  • Love 6

Ophelia

This is so awful. My impression of her from her posts was a kind, sensitive person. And always with the most goregous face on the pfp.

She deserved so much more from life, rest peacefully Nikki.

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Love 4

ALGAYDO

This is so crazy, she was so funny and seemed full of life. Wasn’t one of her last threads about how she’s dating Post Malone’s cousin? Then BAM- silence. This feels so unreal :/ RIP queen :heart:

• Love 3

Axl Jax
13 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Edit: thanks to yomada on Insta, unfortunately it looks like Nikki aka @Chic may have taken her own life in late 2022.

I've reached out to her friend who posted this on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/dan.liddle.71/posts/pfbid028v6JzpSHxM78GDnsXWaZ3eQKdGz4a1LUYAkeB9EjfGCzZ6X9hNWtz4gHmjAGws48l

She was really a very nice person and always so pleasant to see posting online. A real sad loss for the community....

rip-Nikki-Chic-Savarino.png

I don't know who she was as i barely come on here anymore or comment much other than to check gaga news occasionally, but I'm so sad if it's actually true. RIP

• Thanks 1

Juanlittlem

As much as it saddens me to read about her passing I also think you guys shouldn't be messaging her friends nor relatives or at least not exposing their info in here, it feels a little weird imo. I get some of you were close to her and might want to know what happened, but you might pop some bad memories that people have been mourning for over a year, just be careful with what you guys share.

RIP Nikki, I hope you're in a better place now.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 9

Cello
26 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

As much as it saddens me to read about her passing I also think you guys shouldn't be messaging her friends nor relatives or at least not exposing their info in here, it feels a little weird imo. I get some of you were close to her and might want to know what happened, but you might pop some bad memories that people have been mourning for over a year, just be careful with what you guys share.

RIP Nikki, I hope you're in a better place now.

Agree with you. The sentiment is nice but it is a bit weird. Heaven forbid if I died any time soon I wouldn't want this sort of personal info posted on GGD or people reaching out to my family, no offence. 

RIP lovely girl Chic 

Edited by Cello
she/her 💗 free my mind
  • Love 4