Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is Gaga The Only Grammy Winner To…

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

a stat i often quote is “my queen is the only person ever to win grammys in jazz, pop, and dance,” but is that even true? lol. i forget when i started saying this, but i figure out a way to mention it anytime the grammys come up. 

i can’t find anyone else it’s true for, but i don’t think it gets classified this way because the jazz category she’s won for is called “traditional pop.” does anyone know the answer? should i just keep staying delusional and quoting this??

Catnikko
9 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

a stat i often quote is “my queen is the only person ever to win grammys in jazz, pop, and dance,” but is that even true?

This made me cackle cos i instantly imagined a barb tweet saying this :air: 

Edited by Catnikko
Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • LMAO 11

Maxine Puth
20 minutes ago, Catnikko said:

This made me cackle cos i instantly imagined a barb tweet saying this :air: 

Fr, I though people stopped talking like that 10 years ago :max:

androiduser
20 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

a stat i often quote is “my queen is the only person ever to win grammys in jazz, pop, and dance,” but is that even true? lol. i forget when i started saying this, but i figure out a way to mention it anytime the grammys come up. 

Like you said, Gaga didn't win in jazz categories.... jazz categories are for brand-new jazz music, Gaga's category is Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album (for recording of already existing classics).

While the other winners in the category didn't win in the Dance category, they have won in multiple other categories (depending on the genre they perform).

Natalie Cole won in Pop, R'n'b, Traditional Pop, Record of the Year, Album of the Year

Joni Mitchell won in Pop, Traditional Pop, Folk, Historical, Album of the Year

Paul McCartney won in Traditional Pop, Rock, Historical etc, and this is all solo without counting the Beatles wins.

Basically, it's making up achievements at this point.

• Thanks 1

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, EGOT2027 said:

should i just keep staying delusional and quoting this??

Yes

• YAAAS 1

Nemo

There's Madonna's jazz album:

I'm_Breathless_Madonna.png

Original, too. No Grammies, but it did grab an Oscar.

• Shook 1

androiduser
52 minutes ago, Nemo said:

There's Madonna's jazz album:

Original, too. No Grammies, but it did grab an Oscar.

The fact that Madonna WASN'T EVEN NOMINATED for masterpieces like Vogue, Like a Prayer, Live to Tell and so many others is BEYOND BELIEF

• Like 2

StrawberryBlond

I'm hoping the breadth of her work will get properly categorised in the future so she can get nominated for and win in other categories seeing as the academy isn't as strict about keeping an artist in one box their whole career anymore. We all want that rock nomination for her one day. And she could definitely narrate her autobiography audiobook too. That's how most non-singer EGOT winners get their Grammy. 

Helxig
50 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

And she could definitely narrate her autobiography audiobook too. That's how most non-singer EGOT winners get their Grammy. 

Why do I feel like that is cheating? :bear:  the significance of becoming an EGOT winner is that you have mastered all four corners of the entertainment industry (Television, music, film, theatre) which is an incredible feat. Reading an audio book is not the same as winning a Grammy for making music..

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1

Maxine Puth
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Why do I feel like that is cheating? :bear:  the significance of becoming an EGOT winner is that you have mastered all four corners of the entertainment industry (Television, music, film, theatre) which is an incredible feat. Reading an audio book is not the same as winning a Grammy for making music..

It’s like winning an Oscar for best song :max:

• LMAO 6
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 3

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, Helxig said:

I know what you mean but it's counted whether we like it or not. It just has to be an award from a certain committee rather than about mastering art. As it's pointed out, you also don't have to act to win an Oscar or a Tony (song creation or behind the scenes work is fine) or create televison/present a show to win an Emmy (just perform on a tv show). I think reading an audio book counts because it technically falls under spoken word poetry, which is counted as a form of singing. Some audio books, especially ones aimed at children, might also involve the narrator putting on different voices and operating different vocal tones which shows additional talent. It's also an inclusive way of looking at music making since some people are able to talk but unable to sing because they've blown out their vocal chords and are unable to sing post-surgery, like Julie Andrews, for example. It means that even if your singing voice is shot, it doesn't mean your chance of winning a Grammy is.