Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Conan Gray about UMG pulling its music from TikTok

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

Creyk

It's rich that he is compaining about his career being over while being at a very exclusive invite-only industry event. Most artist who this will really affect don't even have that. The lack of self-awareness is real.

Edited by Creyk
  • Like 6

holy scheisse

I imagine it won’t be permanently pulled and eventually they’re gonna work out some kind of deal where UMG makes more money off their songs being played on the platform :neyde:

• Like 3

Controversiaga

TikTok should not be the make or break it factor for upcoming artists 

TikTok should not factor in what is big or not in music industry 

TikTok should not be owning or dominating the industry 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Maxine Puth
12 minutes ago, Creyk said:

It's rich that he is compaining about his career being over while being at a very exclusive invite-only industry event. Most artist who this will really affect don't even have that. The lack of self-awareness is real.

he’s joking to me :bradley:

Edited by Maxine Puth
  • Thanks 3

Bronco

I mean idk who they are but looking at their chart stats they haven't had a hit since 2020. So I think it's safe to say the ship had already sailed :huntyga:

• LMAO 3
  • Sad 1

Teletubby
23 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

at least some artists who can't get label support can get a hit with TikTok. in the past big record labels decided who was their priority spent money on radio payola, etc. only on these artists and now these labels are not happy that they no longer have such power and can't decide who will have a hit.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

at least some artists who can't get label support can get a hit with TikTok. in the past big record labels decided who was their priority spent money on radio payola, etc. only on these artists and now these labels are not happy that they no longer have such power and can't decide who will have a hit.

Aren't labels kinda making the hits from TikTok by paying the biggest TikTokers to use tracks like they always did with radio using payola?

Aren't they paying "regular" médias to put a spotlight on one TikTok success more than an other that ain't signed by them?

I'm sure charts manipulation includes TikTok already.

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Aren't labels kinda making the hits from TikTok by paying the biggest TikTokers to use tracks like they always did with radio using payola?

Aren't they paying "regular" médias to put a spotlight on one TikTok success more than an other that ain't signed by them?

I'm sure charts manipulation includes TikTok already.

yes, but their attempts are often unsuccessful, they paid for 1M tiktok videos for Ed Sheeran's Eyes Closed but it still flopped.

• Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon
Just now, Teletubby said:

yes, but their attempts are often unsuccessful, they paid for 1M tiktok videos for Ed Sheeran's Eyes Closed but it still flopped.

🤔🤔🤔

Flippy
2 hours ago, Maxine Puth said:

he’s joking to me :bradley:

He is. Conan is usually very sarcastic :icant: Not people thinking he’s being serious omg

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1

StarstruckIllusion
2 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

Well… it is sadly and like the only way this changes is its shutting down 

elijahfan

This dude believes he has hit songs...? :triggered:

Being popular on TikTok doesn't equate being a big and memorable artist. Maybe this will be an opportunity for all these Gen Z singers to realize there's more to life and business than social media, and success on one platform doesn't necessarily mean a world takeover. 

They get a viral song and they suddenly believe they're The Rolling Stones... please. I'm very much plugged into pop culture and I can positively say I've never heard any of his songs.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 1

Future Lovers
4 hours ago, Creyk said:

He was making a joke about how people claim he’s only famous because of TikTok, something he’s been bullied with his whole career. It really isn’t that deep. Not everything is a celebrity being out of touch sometimes people are just making self deprecating jokes. 

• Thanks 1