achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

MessyTop
Just now, Mr Oak said:

While I didn't believe anything as well, is it possible that vinyl production has already started? How long does that take? Surely they won't wait till January...(?):oprah:

With someone like Gaga, pressing 50k plus in sure is schedule to start pressing Dec/Jan. I have a feeling we are gonna get some wild vinyl! Can’t freaking wait 

• Thanks 1

EvilBunny

February is great, she’ll build a LOT of hype. Vogue cover in October, Joker FAD putting her amongst the most talked about people in the world, lead before Halloween. She’ll have her time to promote the song, create more hype with the second single. And in February, she’ll have two perfect spots to promote the album: the Grammys and also the Super Bowl (don’t forget Beyoncé released a Cowboy Carter trailer on the commercials break). Trust me, her team knows what there’re doing and I’m sure Gaga is getting an incredible era 

Edited by EvilBunny
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

ARTPOPistah
18 minutes ago, GreenEyes said:

Stupid love went top 10 and rain on me went number one during Covid, it was not a failure. Along with the sold out world tour. Not many people have that to their belt. 

You guys have this negative perception before the music comes out and compare her to everyone and anything. She is huge and has shown she will always be here. Her biggest rival is absolutely failing right now when Gaga has a top 10 hit along with a number one movie to come out. She knows what she is doing :coffee:

I would NOT call Katy her biggest rival, like they are at very different stages of their career. Different planets actually.

Not being shady but I mean it's not 2013 anymore, Gaga's proven pretty much her artistry and her power as a singer and as an actress, won lots of Grammys and an Oscar, Katy's nowhere near to that.

Edited by ARTPOPistah
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

ModernEcstasy

What confuses me is how people would collectively agree that Dua Lipa messed up her era by having such a wide gap between single and album release. 

But now that Gaga’s doing it, it’s the best plan ever?!? 

Also, saying DWAS will carry her until then? That confuses me because it’s supposedly a smash, yet I personally haven’t met a single person that is even aware of the song. So how does that work? It played at a show I attended and the crowd was dead. 
(Not dragging the song because I love it)

ARTPOPistah
4 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

Also, saying DWAS will carry her until then? That confuses me because it’s supposedly a smash, yet I personally haven’t met a single person that is even aware of the song. So how does that work? It played at a show I attended and the crowd was dead. 

(Not dragging the song because I love it)

Do you live in Europe, maybe southern Europe babe?:ally:

Edited by ARTPOPistah

GreenEyes
1 minute ago, ARTPOPistah said:

I would NOT call Katy her biggest rival, like they are at very different stages of their career. Different planets actually.

Not being shady but I mean it's not 2013 anymore, Gaga's proven pretty much her artistry and her power as a singer and as an actress, won lots of Grammys and an Oscar, Katy's nowhere near to that.

But Katy was her biggest rival. They debuted around the same time, and were compared for so many years. It was always Katy is the better pop star, she makes better hits she is more successful. But Gaga went for longevity and she has the last laugh. 

I am just saying look where Gaga is right now, she has made so many smart decisions she could be in the gutter like Katy. 

Hyperobject
1 minute ago, ModernEcstasy said:

What confuses me is how people would collectively agree that Dua Lipa messed up her era by having such a wide gap between single and album release. 

as much as I agree that this gap is ridiculous in 2024/2025, it’s all about the execution. if the songs resonate with the GP, then we have nothing to worry about! Dua’s songs just didn’t click with people and that’s was truly killed the momentum. 

• Thanks 4

ModernEcstasy
3 minutes ago, ARTPOPistah said:

Do you live in Europe, maybe southern Europe babe?:ally:

I live in the UK. But I’ve heard people calling it a global smash. Which I think is over exaggerated 

1 minute ago, Hyperobject said:

as much as I agree that this gap is ridiculous in 2024/2025, it’s all about the execution. if the songs resonate with the GP, then we have nothing to worry about! Dua’s songs just didn’t click with people and that’s was truly killed the momentum. 

I hope so. But from what we’ve been hearing, the single is supposedly experimental and less GP friendly. So it may not happen for Gaga either. 

Mr Oak
8 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

Also, saying DWAS will carry her until then?

Until October when the lead single drops:ally:

NATAH

again, some of you seem to think it's gunna be radio silence til February :littlepotter:

there's more than enough keeping her in the spotlight until then, i bet a DWAS grammy performance will do numbers too

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1

NATAH
44 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

What bothers me the most was being labelled as disrespectful just because I didnt trust the info and tried to show how some things didnt sound trustworthy, but oh well. Now we finally have a date and Im looking forward to it.

exactly that! the name calling and personal digs over what is now proven to be false was just mean and i doubt we'll see any form of apology :madge:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Luna Lovegood
21 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

I live in the UK. But I’ve heard people calling it a global smash. Which I think is over exaggerated 

I hope so. But from what we’ve been hearing, the single is supposedly experimental and less GP friendly. So it may not happen for Gaga either. 

I really think Radical Optimism didn’t do well not because of the rollout, but because the songs just doesn’t resonate with GP. Her rollout for Future Nostalgia is pretty similar to what LG7 era is shaping up to be, FN’s lead was released in November and album in March the following year and look how successful it was for her. what’s important right now is we hope that Interscope and Gaga is SMART enough to choose a strong lead that resonates with GP.

Edited by Luna Lovegood
luna’s advocate

MDevacelli
28 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

All Dua Lipa does is go on vacation and travel. Seriously, do you think she can pull off a successful album with such a crappy rollout and those generic, mall-pop songs? We're talking about Gaga here, with a ton of side projects to promote herself, not just some basic tunes and a few gigs. 

• Like 1