💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Britney Spears banned from Four Seasons in LA after she makes guests ‘uncomfortable’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Axl Jax
On 1/24/2024 at 5:22 AM, gumzy3000 said:

Some people might not be comfortable with it and we should respect that. Whether you like it or not, nipples are sexual parts of the body and are treated as such in most places in the world. 

I'm a bit late to this but I agree with your comment 100%. Some people really don't realise how other countries react to things 

• Thanks 1

Didymus
6 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Even in health spas, men and women are separated, for obvious reasons.

Not true. Plenty of them don't separate based on sex.

There's practical and safety reasons related to wearing clothes, which is why we prefer it. There's no benefit to everyone being naked, so why advocate for it?

Because nudity has been shamed by religion and culture and overcoupled with deviance, danger, perfectionism,... It's freeing to interrupt those ingrained patterns, for people who are nude and people witnessing it (in the right context).

We wear clothes for practical reasons, yes, but then why should we be so afraid of being "exposed" to boobs or genitals "without consent"? The two things are not related.

What may not be serious to you is serious to others. And danger of abuse is a very real thing for a lot of people, even if you've never personally experienced it. The amount of sexual assault that happens every year is terrifying and most of that is in clothed situations. I can't imagine what would happen in a world where perverts could take it upon themselves to infiltrate well-meaning naked havens to have their way with people who have let their guard down thinking they're safe. Being naked makes us vulnerable by design and some sickos will take advantage of that.

So the same style of argument as "we can't have genderless bathrooms, women will get abused" peeps, got it. Seems like the problem is abusers and not people taking off their clothes because they want to.

I'm not naive, I know that you can't just get naked everywhere. But, as you say, your arguments work just as well for women who are alluringly dressed, so we're really talking about many different things here.

My main argument was that it's problematic to bring consent into the conversation here. Nudity is not a behavior, it is something that's happening all the time underneath our clothes. It's wild to argue that that can be dangerous enough to legally enforce it being locked away at all times because it could make people feel unsafe.

StrawberryBlond

@Didymus I think we've exercised this conversation enough and aren't going to find common ground so we should just move on. Regardless of what either of us think, rules and laws are just that, so there's no point arguing much further. I hope we can both better understand each other's point of view and find common ground in future, though. :)

• Like 1