đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Final Album Title Predictions?

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

PartySick
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'd like something that involves catharsis as a method of healing. It also opens the avenue of discussing how it can be bad for you as well, since studies show venting while you're angry can actually make you more aggressive over time.

This is a topic I'm super interested in right now and it's begging for an artist's touch :bradley:

Spoiler

Aristotle was the first one to use "catharsis" in emotional terms. Before then, it was mainly used as a polite way of saying someone had peed, pooped, or menstruated. Especially in theater, which could be super grungy back in those times.

Then, in the 1800s, some psychologists picked it up as a medical term and tried to explain away acts of violence as "people holding in their anger too long". They compared it to containers filled with liquid, it needed periodic release or it would explode. These days, people try to explain away things like school shootings or murders with this theory, but it's totally bunk.

It's why victims of domestic abuse are at higher and higher risk of serious injury or death the longer they're in that situation. Eventually, a punch or a kick won't satisfy the abuser's anger and desire for violence.

It also extends to social media and "outrage culture", which is an interesting topic in its own right. When you're angry about something, that emotion triggers stress hormones that prepare you for a fight. Venting that anger just leads to more anger, it seems.

The same thing happens with depression and grief. You sit on those emotions for too long and you get trapped in a cycle. You pull away from everybody and stare at yourself until you're stuck constantly ruminating.

An article I'm reading also mentions sex abuse survivors and how catharsis can be an enormous road block to healing from traumatic experiences. They feel anger at the injustice they face, so they lash out at others. They're ashamed of the experience, so they place judgement on other people. They feel guilty and responsible for their experience because of victim blaming narratives in society and because they forget how vulnerable they were at the time. All these emotions mix into a turbulent poison that causes exponentially heightened emotional experiences which opens them up to harmful behavior, potentially being victimized again, or living with mental illness where they may self harm or even commit suicide.

There are healthy ways of feeling emotions, not acting on them, and addressing the root cause of them.

"Emotions are symptoms of motivation."

They should drive you, not control you. Feel them out, let them pass, think on what sparked that feeling in you to begin with, and take calm and well thought out action.

"I ain't reading all that" yeah yeah, whatever lmao. Nobody asked for this but it seems like just the psychological mumbo jumbo Gaga would be into :partysick:

đź’š
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Angel Wings

self-inflicted fictions

or

dark fissures

Edited by Angel Wings
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

OMonster

"MANIFESTO" would be kinda cool, after all these years. 

subtext / fantasy
  • YAAAS 1

TimotheeChalamet

I'm positive it will be the complete opposite of what everyone here thinks and it will have a short title that actually makes sense

Vengaboy

I've heard from pretty reliable sources it will be called:

Spoiler

ARTPOP ACT II

• LMAO 6

Sneaky Oliver
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

I'd like something that involves catharsis as a method of healing. It also opens the avenue of discussing how it can be bad for you as well, since studies show venting while you're angry can actually make you more aggressive over time.

This is like a virtual theme of every album since BTW perhaps, I think the pain-healing concept is already tired but I fear she might keep it going 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver

Well she has been using the black heart emoji for a long time and I think it might be a hint so I’m guessing the overall theme could be letting light in, welcoming love into your life even if you’ve been through dark times which reflects where she is now, finally having a long, good and healthy relationship 

I kinda like the “Jet Black” rumored title 

I’m betting on the words Black, Dark, Shadow 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Starmie25
3 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

I'm positive it will be the complete opposite of what everyone here thinks and it will have a short title that actually makes sense

I actually feel like it'll be multiple words title this time around.

Schizophonic

I take this one as a starting point… from that moment she went with the black heart

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZV5eHJLeSM/?igsh=ZWVzcnEzcWdiczlx

so maybe something like 

Burning heart

dead heart

burned heart

burned love 

Cold heart

choal will be a diamond eventually…

diamond heart? 

something along that concept

• YAAAS 1