opinion

Bobby, get Ga in a Searchlight film

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

So, Searchlight is on their sh*t when it comes to running winning campaigns for Best Actresses in the current Hollywood landscape. In the past 8 years Searchlight has distributed 4 films whose leading actress won the Academy Award. A24 distributed 2 and Lionsgate distributed 2 (sort of). This year Emma Stone is having a great campaign. Her film is distributed by Searchlight.

Bobby, get on it. :trollga:

63grekke

their movies are always propaganda-y and too artsy to even be enjoyable. Id prefer if she stuck to fun entertaining blockbuster movies rather than phoney / boring ass award bait films

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 4

weed

I need her in an A24 horror/thriller.

but I agree w Searchlight

• Like 8

LateToCult
9 minutes ago, weed said:

I need her in an A24 horror/thriller.

but I agree w Searchlight

A24 would be a great studio to get cozy with. They seem to have some pull. I mean, Jaime Lee Curtis with her tiny role was able to win the Oscar with them behind her. :icant: I love alot of their films. 

Edited by LateToCult
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

EGOT2027
9 minutes ago, 63grekke said:

their movies are always propaganda-y and too artsy to even be enjoyable. Id prefer if she stuck to fun entertaining blockbuster movies rather than phoney / boring ass award bait films

i’m so curious to see if gaga stays with the one film every 3 years pattern forever. she’s managed to make each movie an Event Film, which is awesome for awards and box office. however, if she wins an oscar for joker, for example, i would love to see her move to doing projects more frequently (especially if acting is going to become her main thing). she could do smaller indie movies and big projects.

also there are tons of awards movies that aren’t boring. maestro may be classic awards bait, but films like poor things and everything everywhere all at once are exciting, weird, unique, and amazing. would love to see gaga get more into that stuff as time goes on.

like imagine seeing gaga in campy horror movies, blockbusters, and dramas without having to wait 3 years in between each 

Edited by EGOT2027

weed
7 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

i’m so curious to see if gaga stays with the one film every 3 years pattern forever.

Oh wow! I never realized all 3 movies have come out close to each other in Oct/Nov every 3 years! and it even applies to AHS:

Hotel: Oct 2015
ASIB: Oct 2018
HOG: Nov 2021
Joker: Oct 2024

her next lead role in November 2027 perhaps! I hope not though lol

Edited by weed
oops put Nov for Joker
  • Like 1

Magic Mike

in a very interesting review on "poor things", cahiers du cinéma critic Yal Sadat writes on this "empowerment fable under Disney control (via Searchlight, its "authors" branch acquired with Fox)" : "this disarticulated Barbie hasn't forgotten any of the boxes we'd like to see ticked at Disney, Mattel or elsewhere: submission, insurrection, happy ending."

it would perhaps be more interesting if Gaga's future in cinema was, instead of focusing on the studios and their awards, to take a risk by working with international directors, without detriment to the universality of its narratives

Edited by Magic Mike

LateToCult
5 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

in a very interesting review on "poor things", cahiers du cinéma critic Yal Sadat writes on this "empowerment fable under Disney control (via Searchlight, its "authors" branch acquired with Fox)" : "this disarticulated Barbie hasn't forgotten any of the boxes we'd like to see ticked at Disney, Mattel or elsewhere: submission, insurrection, happy ending."

it would perhaps be more interesting if Gaga's future in cinema was, instead of focusing on the studios and their awards, to take a risk by working with international directors, without detriment to the universality of its narratives

Probably not who you had in mind because he’s so popular, but I would die if she worked with Del Toro :giveup:

RAMROD

Well, she have to be nice with Disney then. Cos Searchlight is a studio under Disney brand :ohwell:

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LateToCult
34 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Well, she have to be nice with Disney then. Cos Searchlight is a studio under Disney brand :ohwell:

Bobby better buss it open for Mickey Mouse then :jase:

RAMROD
31 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Bobby better buss it open for Mickey Mouse then :jase:

He betta! 
Maybe doing Star Wars or Marvel first mifht help..., or lend her voice for Disney or Pixar animation :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡