💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Amy Winehouse Biopic

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

Helxig

I hate this :bear:

But I don't like biopics about dead artists anyway. I feel like it's not to 'tell their story' it's just to make money. We already had a really deep documentary about Amy that was done well. Don't throw prosthetics on an actress and tell her to put on an accent. It feels like a caricature of a real, complex, human being who died tragically

But I guess these things sell so people must love them so maybe I'm just the outlier :shrug: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bradley
5 hours ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

This would have been a PERFECT role for Gaga...

Musical biopics are getting stale tho.

weed

I guess I'll have to watch it to make judgement but it seems meh. 

She must have potential if she was the one chosen to star in the film but oof. She gives me Catholic school girl dressed up to be bad vs Amy being raw, struggling, hopeless romantic with distinct features and a complete style of her own.

TheSine
5 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I feel the same. Amy was a huge part of my late teens and her first album "Frank" is what got me hooked. 

As others have said, the actress feels too pretty. Too commercial. Amy was so unique and not conventionally pretty but beautiful in a very artistic kind of way. 

She had a certain way about her that I don't think (at least from the quick trailer) the actress embodied. They showed it a bit at the very end. But Amy hated fame and she was super smart. A tough chick like Gaga. She was also shy and hated interviews. 

Tldr: The trailer is cute but doesn't showcase the actress portraying typical Amy traits. Perhaps they just went with her because she has the accent, can sing, and can resemble Amy with makeup. Time will tell but it looks too safe for now.

Frank has got to be her best album. :traumatica:

I agree with the actress choice. No offense to her of course. At first I was like, okay...Back to Black Amy looks okay! Then they presented the Frank era Amy and I went:

Oh My God Reaction GIF

🖤TheSine🖤
  • Love 2

InTheCloset
8 hours ago, Helxig said:

I hate this :bear:

But I don't like biopics about dead artists anyway. I feel like it's not to 'tell their story' it's just to make money. We already had a really deep documentary about Amy that was done well. Don't throw prosthetics on an actress and tell her to put on an accent. It feels like a caricature of a real, complex, human being who died tragically

But I guess these things sell so people must love them so maybe I'm just the outlier :shrug: 

amy 2015? the documentary

The abyss stares back
  • Like 1

phantasmas

i..... am not a fan of the casting..

but i'll watch anyway so i can judge it better and read the movie down if i have to 

glad that they seemed to have kept the moment Tony announced her Grammy win because that was such a touching moment as a fan of both :diane: hope they show the BTS moments where she was shook about the whole thing 

Helxig
1 hour ago, InTheCloset said:

amy 2015? the documentary

Yeah. I actually don't know if it's stood the test of time, but when I saw it back then I remember thinking it was well done 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.