Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Womanizer, Pete Davidson, Admits He Was High On Drugs At Aretha Frankin's Funeral

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

ariana-grande-front-talks-pete-74625684.

Pete Davidson dropped his third hourlong stand-up special (and second for Netflix) in the early hours of Jan. 9. Titled Pete Davidson: Turbo Fonzarelli, it’s far and away his most confident, assured, and hilarious one yet, featuring rapid-fire jokes about everything from a Make-A-Wish scenario gone awry and navigating his stalker to a confusing childhood crush on Titanic-era Leonardo DiCaprio. 

Early on in the special, directed by Jason Orley in stark black and white, the former Saturday Night Live cast member addresses the time he attended Aretha Franklin’s funeral at Detroit’s Greater Grace Temple in 2018. The comic found himself at the “Queen of Soul’s” funeral as the plus one of his then-fiancée Ariana Grande, who performed at the service, and the internet had a field day about it at the time. According to Davidson in Turbo Fonzarelli, he was high on ketamine at the event and disassociating.

“It’s embarrassing when you’re not on ketamine anymore, though… I’m embarrassed,” he says in the special. “I was out and about like that. That’s not cool, you know? I was at funerals like that. That’s ****ed up, right? I was at Aretha Franklin’s funeral like that. Yeah, I have to live with that. You know what I mean? She’ll never know, but still, that’s not the point. You know what I mean?”

He continues, “If she was there, she would probably be like, ‘Hey, who are you? And what the **** are you doing at my funeral?’ It’s embarrassing. I’m so high, I thought it would be a good idea to go up to her family and go, ‘Hey, I’m just here to pay my R-E-S-P-E-C-T…S.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/pete-davidson-turbo-fonzarelli-netflix-aretha-franklin-funeral-ketamine-leonardo-dicaprio-crush-1234942874/

context on Ketamine:

Ketamine in the US and around the world generally is legal, but because of problems with recreational use, often under the same “Special K,” ketamine is a controlled substance. This means ketamine production and distribution are carefully monitored in countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, and many parts of Europe.
Yet, as a controlled substance, ketamine is still available legally in every state and many countries around the world. Ketamine can even be made available as a prescription for at-home use. Like many other drugs, ketamine's effects are powerful and therefore are only legally allowed in specific circumstances under qualified supervision.

The dangers of misuse are known in China, which has proposed an international ban on ketamine. The proposal has been met with considerable pushback worldwide, particularly as its accepted medical uses are apparent. However, China is in a difficult situation as a great deal of black-market ketamine is produced in the country, leading to serious abuse problems.

Ketamine is a “Class 3” controlled substance, meaning it has a moderate-low potential for physical dependence with a higher risk for psychological dependence. Ketamine is on the lower half of the four-point scale, rating how dangerous drugs are alongside many other common prescriptions. As a medication, ketamine is addictive only when misused. For example, if ketamine is snorted as a powder, addiction can occur. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 3

Gohan

"Womanizer" and the picture in the OP :air: :rip:

I wonder if Ariana knew and allowed him to go out like that

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

PartySick

I was not expecting to scroll down and see that face :air:

The noise I just let out in this quiet workplace help

When we fight we win! 💙
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

• RAMROD changed the title to Womanizer, Pete Davidson, Admits He Was High On Drugs At Aretha Frankin's Funeral
Jarvin

It is so bad for you. I have been battling ketamine addiction for years and I can tell you it is not a cute look when you're very high. You are not able to talk normally. Except when you build a tolerance and it starts damaging your bladder and kidneys. People who take it for years sometimes need bladder removals or a stoma. Thank god I am off it again. Hope to stay off it for longer than eight months this time as I relapsed in november and October. 

• Like 1
  • Love 19
  • Shook 1

Roughhouse Dandy
43 minutes ago, Jarvin said:

It is so bad for you. I have been battling ketamine addiction for years and I can tell you it is not a cute look when you're very high. You are not able to talk normally. Except when you build a tolerance and it starts damaging your bladder and kidneys. People who take it for years sometimes need bladder removals or a stoma. Thank god I am off it again. Hope to stay off it for longer than eight months this time as I relapsed in november and October. 

You got this, Legend. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Love 2

PartySick
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

Even whacked out on drugs he’s still so gd sexy oooo

His hands look super soft but still strong. Like, he's giving the "I play a stupid jock and an asshole but I'll be sweet and smart with you behind closed doors" trope.

I think he's just lowkey a jackass regardless though :ladyhaha:

When we fight we win! 💙
  • LMAO 1

lg5

I’ve had friends in the past use K and from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t particularly change how you act. I’m glad he talks about his addictions openly though, I think it’s helpful for some people. I’ve never used it myself because I have an addictive personality and can’t trust myself to just do something once lol. :haroon:

Helxig

I was gonna say after skimming the last paragraph "why the f.uck would you go take ket before a funeral' and then realised he was taking it all the time and was an addict. So the scandal isn't 'Pete Davidson took ket at a funeral' it's 'Pete Davidson has been struggling with addiction and it's affected his life'

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Controversiaga

I’d be more interested for him to admit to moments where he wasn’t on drugs 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Auther

The last thing anyone who is struggling with addiction needs is people scrutinizing them for engaging in that addiction.

• Love 1

Jarvin
8 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

You got this, Legend. 

Omg you're so sweet , thank you ♥️

Onlygaga
10 hours ago, Jarvin said:

Congratulations on being sober from it! I know you’re able to overcome this! If you ever need anyone to talk to don’t hesitate to reach out! :hug: