💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga overly scared of failure?

Brizel

Featured Posts

PartySick
4 hours ago, Creyk said:

Yes. She made her money and dipped. And say what you want, her behavior over the past years showed us that money is most of what she cares about. She probably didn't start out this way but that is how she is now.

Why are you even on her fan site :saladga:

If she hasn't proven to you in this last 15 years that she's a genuine artist with a heart of gold then that makes you blind.

She wouldn't even put her name on a makeup line without it being something she uses daily, uses professionally, and takes an active part in creating.

💚
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

PartySick
4 hours ago, Reality said:

I think she's just naturally changed and evolved over the years. I don't understand why people constantly feel the need to compare Gaga now to Gaga then. Are there some aspects of her character that I miss? Sure, but people grow and change. I don't think she's overly scared of failure, her priorities are just different now. 

I'm sorry, but expecting someone to stay the exact same 15 f*cking years later is insane to me. Anytime I see somoene complain about how they want "old Gaga" back, I roll my eyes. She's matured and is a lot more experienced in the business now than when she was first starting, so yeah, naturally her views and her attitude towards things is going to change. 

1 hour ago, MOT said:

If she was scared of failure she'd probably be working in an office, not singing the national anthem while wearing a bulletproof vest. Don't think she one of life's scaredycats.

36 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

Gaga must be one of the bravest famous ppl/artists in a long time. I don't think it's about fear at all, I think it's about healthy boundaries and changing priorities.

Oh look, found the intelligent people :heart:

💚
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

LG7 time now
16 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Joanne was the definition of not safe for an artist like Gaga :laughga: she was willing to risk alienating her core fanbase just to make the music SHE wanted to make.

That's not a fear of failure, that's conviction to being artistically honest.

Yes and no, especially no for the long run; she had to build a more simple image to save her career. Not saying Joanne wasn’t authentic, I’m sure it was, and it was VERY personnal in many, many ways, and it could’ve been much safer sonically speaking but if she kept singing EDM songs à la 2008-2013 with controversial antics, her Cheek To Cheek rebrand would’ve faced death and she probably wouldn’t be as popular as she is right now. There’s her true talent that was finally universally accepted AND a huge element of nostalgia that also made people think “she was so brave” and she managed to do it perfectly for the GP. :holdmyhand:

I do believe she’s played Gaga, then Lady, and in the future she’ll try to balance both at the same time in a more “hardcore” way if that makes sense.

Edited by The Z
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

PartySick
4 minutes ago, The Z said:

Yes and no, especially no for the long run; she had to build a more simple image to save her career. Not saying Joanne wasn’t authentic, I’m sure it was, and it was VERY personnal in many, many ways, and it could’ve been much safer sonically speaking but if she kept singing EDM songs à la 2008-2013 with controversial antics, her Cheek To Cheek rebrand would’ve faced death and she probably wouldn’t be as popular as she is right now. There’s her true talent that was finally universally accepted AND a huge element of nostalgia that also made people think “she was so brave” and she managed to do it perfectly for the GP. :holdmyhand:

I do believe she’s played Gaga, then Lady, and in the future she’ll try to balance both at the same time in a more “hardcore” way if that makes sense.

:oprah:

I don't think I entirely agree but I also like your stance on the matter so :diane:

💚

Karl

I just don't think music is her passion anymore, I mean if she really wanted she could put out some self written songs on an album drop with no promo not caring about the charts, I just feel like if music runs through your blood you would wanna put out more music and always be writing and creating, look at Lana she just poops out albums because she is constantly writing and I don't think she cares as much how well they do. Seems she's more of an LA based entertainer/businesswoman now, nothing wrong with that though I may add.

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Ivy

I think she's extremely concerned with her image to the gp, I'm not really sure why but maybe because of her acting career

It's seems like it would be exhausting trying to be liked by everyone but I guess she thinks it's necessary for some reason 

• Like 7

dit

The public and media's reaction to her during the ARTPOP era mixed in with her own personal mental health battles and relationship issues have truly scarred her I think. She is dead scared of backlash hence why she has been a little more vanilla ever since like 2015. I dont mind but I just hope she released more like you had mentioned. It's ok to fail and I think the media doesnt care enough to crucify her like they did during the ARTPOP days. Right now she is stuck in this mindset of "I spent so many years rehabilitating my public image I dont want to ruin it again"..this is especially true for female actresses because they really need to keep a pristine reputation in media to score more roles since studios dont like working with controversial actresses in fear that the GP wont buy tickets to their movies. So it's a mix of things for sure and it is a little disapointing to witness as a fan but I get it...I just wish she was working towards not thinking that way anymore 

• Like 6

Economy

Tbh i think she just doesnt wanna over work anymore which is totally understandable. In her shoes i wouod left completely by now and retired and enjoyed margaritas all day. Also she stars in movies now also which takes up some of her time.

I dont really believe the quality over quantity. It doesnt take 4 years to release quality.

Ive seen many artists take long breaks and still release mediicraty. Meanwhile Gaga releases TFM and BTW with short breaks and in my opinion are her best albums to date

I dont buy that quality is the reason. It may require some time but not THAT much time tbh

• Like 1

NATAH

people saying they can't feel the passion in her music anymore aren't listening to chromatica correctly...

she literally turned her rawest mental struggles into dance tunes, it takes one hell of a person to tell the entire world she struggles with PTSD, feeling imprisoned by those she thought she loved, exposing her private life and her healing journey. i can't even bring myself to tell my closest friends when i'm feeling depressed...

just because the era was cut short doesn't remove the passion and rawness in the music itself

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

LG666

No, Little Monsters are just scared of change and of her doing anything besides pop music. 

• Like 6

ChicaSkas
14 hours ago, Maxine Puth said:

If she was would she have started in House of Gucci 

Ridley Scott robbed us of the mud bath scene with Salma Hayek.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 1

TEANUS
2 hours ago, LG666 said:

No, Little Monsters are just scared of change and of her doing anything besides pop music. 

Ehhhh. A lot of us have been around for two jazz albums, heavy metal performances, soul tributes, showtune performances, soft rock collabs, a heavily folk/Americana driven album, a soundtrack album heavily drawing from balladry and country-rock, a starring television role, two starring film roles, a makeup brand, and two perfumes so idk if that’s it 

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 3

Starmie25
14 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Even Chromatica wasn't that bold

Maybe some tracks were a bit safe sonically, but lyrically it got very deep into her psyche which many artists shy away from these days. 

It's interesting how she had to fight for "Replay" to be added to the main album. That track and "921" get pretty raw tbh.

Ronk

I don't think she's afraid of flopping or failure.  She's been a seasoned artist for years and knows the industry very well.  She knows you lose some and win some and it's not very predictable.  I think she will do what she wants and take things in stride and not worry about it.

I live outside the space time continuum.

bowlsofbrett

I think too many people want her to stick with her 2008-2011 vibe. That was a woman in her early twenties. I’m only a few years younger than Gaga and people can change tremendously over the course of 10-13 years. I just want her to do what makes her happy. 

• Like 3