💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Grimes: "I'm called a Nazi because I happily am proud of white culture"

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Didymus
5 minutes ago, INNA said:

White people have earned their "historical scrutiny" fair and square by treating anyone visually non-white like lesser than. Grimes has weird, inappropriate values and you're having to work much too hard to defend her

I’m not defending her, I just don’t support throwing around the word Neo-Nazi so liberally that it loses its meaning.

People are clearly having way too much fun cancelling people and bashing “whiteness” to realize they are hollowing out the left and armoring the far right. It’s sad and dangerous.

• Like 12
  • LMAO 1

13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I’m not defending her, I just don’t support throwing around the word Neo-Nazi so liberally that it loses its meaning.

People are clearly having way too much fun cancelling people and bashing “whiteness” to realize they are hollowing out the left and armoring the far right. It’s sad and dangerous.

I think it's appropriate for Grimes. Her artistic past has indicated that she's educated enough and radical enough to recognize the dynamics that Elon promotes under the radar, and she chose to try and build her life around that. Only since it failed is she actually backpedaling and trying to distance herself from being lumped in with the Elon crowd. You are who you run with, basically

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Didymus
3 minutes ago, INNA said:

I think it's appropriate for Grimes. Her artistic past has indicated that she's educated enough and radical enough to recognize the dynamics that Elon promotes under the radar, and she chose to try and build her life around that. Only since it failed is she actually backpedaling and trying to distance herself from being lumped in with the Elon crowd. You are who you run with, basically

I mean, that is a good point :vegas:

• Like 4

RenegAde
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

The Eastern or Arab-Muslim slave trade, for instance, has abducted millions of African people into slavery for over a thousand years, and to say that out loud almost feels taboo at this point. This is a problem

Thank you for bringing this up. I can confirm as an African that this isn't even mentioned in schools here in West Africa. Its like this dark part of history was swept under the tug and I don't understand why.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

RahrahWitch

White culture is such a dog whistle term. You can have national or regional cultures with predominantly white population like British or Irish but nobody really uses the term "white culture" because all that does is try to create a racial divide (for obvious racist reasons) when nationality is the key component.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

There's nothing wrong with being proud of what european culture has brought to the world but the issue is MOST people who take on these takes tend to also view their culture as SUPERIOR...not just different or special and that's where the issue comes because if you are white and see your culture as superior it is a thin line between that and being racist. It just always is. 

• Like 8

hieronymus
3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Ok you’re picking for something bc I think we both know when I said “mostly right” I’m talking about her talking about how the industry works which is the topic of the post I was responding to.

shes also the things you mentioned but that’s not what I was talking about lol though I literally said she was incendiary too lol

So we were both right

Reality
1 hour ago, RahrahWitch said:

White culture is such a dog whistle term. You can have national or regional cultures with predominantly white population like British or Irish but nobody really uses the term "white culture" because all that does is try to create a racial divide (for obvious racist reasons) when nationality is the key component.

I think that's 100% the problem here. Today—at least in the US and much of the western world—the term "white culture" has a specific negative connotation. Like, no one has an issue if someone said, "I'm proud of my Swedish/Italian/German/British/etc. heritage", but the phrase "white culture" can be seen as problematic. Plus, with her history with Elon Musk and stuff, it's not far-fetched for people to think of it as racist or prejudiced.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 14

hieronymus
1 hour ago, RahrahWitch said:

You're 1000% correct.

• Like 1

Debithius

So European culture that has been evolving since 55.000 BC is nothing to be proud of according to some of y'all? :saladga:

Also let's not start talking about bad things white people have done. Literally every single culture/race on this planet has done unspeakable things and continue to do so. I get what Grimes is saying and it doesn't mean you're a Nazi because you love your own culture. This some conditioned self-hate, sheesh.

Edited by Debithius
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Debithius
6 hours ago, Didymus said:

The Eastern or Arab-Muslim slave trade, for instance, has abducted millions of African people into slavery for over a thousand years, and to say that out loud almost feels taboo at this point. This is a problem.

Not to mention how the Slavic people have been enslaved, invaded, killed and victims of ethnical cleansing by Arab-Muslim countries for thousands of years. 

Edited by Debithius