Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Gary Oldman calls his acting in Harry Potter movies 'mediocre'

monketsharona

Featured Posts

RAMROD

And he is correct. 

I would appreciate it more when an actor or a director would do due diligence on learning the source material before doing anything with the character they are starring as or filming a movie based on a (comic) book. 

Movie version Snape is still a full fledged character within all limitations of a movie bringing. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 2

monketsharona
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

And he is correct. 

I would appreciate it more when an actor or a director would do due diligence on learning the source material before doing anything with the character they are starring as or filming a movie based on a (comic) book. 

Movie version Snape is still a full fledged character within all limitations of a movie bringing. 

True for Snape but didn't Oldman make a kinda good representation of Sirius Black  from the books (at least in HP3, I know he was underused in the sequels comparing to the books) ?

Edited by monketsharona

Head Empty

I didn't know him when the movie came out but I remember being disappointed by his casting. In the books Sirius is ment to be this feisty, downtrodden but heartwarming character. Not to mention young(ish). But to me Oldman only served deranged and then boring :triggered:

• Like 6

Didymus

I loved Sirius from the books and he was honestly fine. The movies cut out or ignored the depth of the books themselves, so who cares if he didn't read them lol. What does take me out of the fantasy is the horrendous acting of most of the teenager cast, so...

• Like 2

bionic

The character of Sirius was also ruined by the weird age changes they made to the Mauruders + the fact Sirius spent an entire film as a face in a fireplace

buy bionic
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2

djBuffoon

Gary Oldman is one of the greatest actors on the planet. 
But I agree with him. He wasn’t on his usual game with this series. 

• Like 1

Emigrante
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

And he is correct. 

He did great actually. Didn’t have much more to show considering his really small role.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • Like 2

Gay me pictures Sirius as a hot wrecked rusty daddy :traumatica:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 1

monketsharona

He has always been underused anyway. I mean there's no deep connection with Harry in the movie which makes his reaction to Sirius death quite weird knowing they never developped that relationship that much.

On the opposite, Sirius was much much more than just his godfather in books, more like a friend, confidant, someone he had a deep trust relationship. Anyway HP5 & 6 (especially HP6) are a true nightmare for any Harry Potter books lover. So much has been left out or rushed, and some very important stuff.

That said I have zero issue with how he played Sirius in HP3.

I think his portrail of Sirius was fine. His casting also makes sense, since most of the adults in the movies were played by actors who were a lot older than the characters in the books were.

I wish they released the battle scene with Bellatrix, which was cut from Order of the Phoenix

Edited by Galvon