đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Cher files for conservatorship of son

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Cher has filed for a conservatorship of son Elijah Blue Allman, claiming he is unable to care for himself due to a massive drug addiction.

The development comes after rumors swirled that she had kidnapped her son in an attempt to save him due to his history of substance abuse.

Cher is filing to be the sole conservator of her son's estate, claiming that a conservator of the estate is needed because Elijah is "substantially unable to manage his own financial resources."

The singer's lawsuit states that she's worried Elijah will spend his money on drugs due to his ongoing mental health and substance abuse issues.

Elijah himself is in the midst of a divorce from his estranged wife, Marieangela King, who previously accused Cher of kidnapping her son when they were attempting to reunite to fix their marriage.

King has also accused Cher of "interfering" in her son's health management and blocking her from accessing her properties.

In Cher's legal filing, she claimed that her son and his wife were estranged and their tumultuous relationship has been marked by a cycle of drug addiction and mental health crises."

The document reads, "[Cher] is informed and believes that Angela is not supportive of Elijah's recovery and that Angela actively works to keep Elijah from getting clean and sober or receiving mental health treatment that he desperately needs. Most recently, [Cher] is informed and believes that Angela took steps to check Elijah out of the treatment center where he was receiving much needed medical care."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cher-files-conservatorship-son-elijah-184355336.html

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 3
  • Shook 2

Mirrion Rizzons

hmmmmm

On the one hand its cher - she 'seems' to have her son's best interest at heart, and obviously Its not like a britney situation as she already has tons of her own money. 

But I don't understand the need for conservatorships, they just give the conservator way too much control over a persons life

I understand if she's concerned, but he's 47, he does not need someone controlling his finances and legal decisions, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

dimitristhe

A conservationship is an extreme method of controlling someone’s life and finances, but I strongly believe that if someone is unable to save their life this method is much needed. Cher doesn’t need her son’s money, she already has her own and it’s already enough for a life full of luxury. She’s definitely worried and tries to save his life. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

faysalaaa1
On 12/27/2023 at 6:16 PM, dimitristhe said:

A conservationship is an extreme method of controlling someone’s life and finances, but I strongly believe that if someone is unable to save their life this method is much needed. Cher doesn’t need her son’s money, she already has her own and it’s already enough for a life full of luxury. She’s definitely worried and tries to save his life. 

Because you know Cher is good and rich, you arent worried about her abusing the conservatorship, but what about others that will be abused under conservatorship laws?

I understand the idea of forcing someone to get treatment for a while, or forcing someone temporarily, but nobody should be force and controlled forever!

As much as we dont want our loved one to deal with the consequences of their actions, you cant put people in prison contracts forever to protect them. Once you do that, their life is already over and useless, whats the point of keeping them alive?

Edited by faysalaaa1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I understand if she's concerned, but he's 47, he does not need someone controlling his finances and legal decisions, 

Are you saying because someone is 47 they must be capable of managing their funds? :oprah: people married with kids have ruined their lives because of financial irresponsibility, gambling, even without drugs involved. 

Edited by weed
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

ProfessionalClown

So this is why Deadsy’ she’s album hasn’t happened…i didn’t know he was still addicted :(

he’s one of my fave musicians ever and i didn’t know Elijah was dealing with all this at all man. i really good things get better :( 

As a fan of Elijah for a long time, if the addiction is where it was before, i can agree with Cher on doing this. she loves him to death but didn’t wanna see him basically k!ll himself. 

Edited by ProfessionalClown
  • Like 1

Mirrion Rizzons
35 minutes ago, weed said:

Are you saying because someone is 47 they must be capable of managing their funds? :oprah: people married with kids have ruined their lives because of financial irresponsibility, gambling, even without drugs involved. 

I mean he's an adult and his mistakes are his to make, I don't understand the need for cher to be the sole conservator when it takes away his autonomy and freedom. Financial advisors seem like a better idea

Economy

Glad ppl can reason this is not necessairily the same as a Britney situation with greed as the motivating factor

Neverthless its an extreme step that should be taken as an absolute last resort

Without knowing more details, i cant really say if i support this or not

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ProfessionalClown
31 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I mean he's an adult and his mistakes are his to make, I don't understand the need for cher to be the sole conservator when it takes away his autonomy and freedom. Financial advisors seem like a better idea

The thing is he’s had a history of addiction and has had issues in his relationship, where i think the wife is very controlling, and there have been times wheres he’s been out of it. 

I been a fan of his for years i’ve seen how he was during certain eras of his art and his relationship publicly being out there.

What cher is doing is kinda the best thing to do for now to get him back. in all honesty, he should divorce his wife too. 

• Like 2

I saw this coming. Her son has been derailed for years and I truly think Cher is trying to protect him. It seems like the wife has been trying to make her look like the bad guy to get more money out of him. 

• Like 1

Economy
13 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

Obviously thats the preferable way to go for most ppl...

But financial advisors are useless if ur addictions and mental health crisis are stronger than the desire to listen to advice.

Theres a reason these things are used as a last resort.

Dangerous Ppl are put in jail and have freedoms taken away to protect others all the time. You can argue that freedoms taken away to protect oneself is just as valid in extreme situations

Society needs to stop using "freedom" to contantly bash any sort of structure whether it be political or personal. We need rules, principals and guidance for a society of billions to function and it means in some cases to protect people there needs to be some limits on freedom. We dont want abusive dictatorships obviously but the libertarian view is a rather dangerous opposite end of the spectrum

Edited by Economy
  • Like 4

Versace

If it’s contractually a temporary one until he gets the helps he needs to terminate it then I don’t think it’s a bad idea. Might have been a last resort for Cher if she truly cares for her son, I mean she might have thought its either this or losing him. 

Edited by Versace

hieronymus
10 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

Because she probably fears for his life. It's not just "autonomy" he's a drug addict.

• Like 1