question

Some Gaga Fans Could Be Nicer- Opinion!

Alxjcgn

Featured Posts

I am not thinking of anyone specific in this post, but it is just a general theme I have seen and I think about it a lot. I wanted to make a post here and see what others think and start a discussion on how we as fans feel! 

One of the things I have really hated seeing online are comments towards gaga about things that are not coming out when expected/when we have been left in the dark about projects like the Chromatica Ball Film. I think about it a lot and think all the fans who have been there since BTW are still a little scared about the concept of "soon" from ARTPOP and we start to fixate on how there were a lot of things that ended up not happening with that era.

But after rewatching some interviews from the ARTPOP era and spending time listening to the album, I think it is important to acknowledge she talked a lot about fighting hard for that album to be put out and how it would be done. She has always been an artist who wants to do things that are authentic to her, and as the music industry changes I can only assume that becomes more difficult for her to do- hence the delays or sometimes cancellations of projects. While it may be frustrating, one of the reasons I hate seeing negativity is because the same people will give praise as soon as something new comes out (and they will deliver that praise alongside negative comments about wanting more projects and music). It can obviously be upsetting, but there is no reason to consistently be negative to someone about something they are clearly working on in addition to other stuff going on that nobody knows about. 

At the end of the day, I think we as fans should also remember Gaga is human and I think in today's world of social media that becomes difficult for us. Surely she doesn't read a lot of social media comments anymore, or maybe someone does and fills her in- but I can't imagine how much it must hurt and annoy her to see how negative some fans are. I think about the pressure it puts on her and also causes her to feel the same way she did at some of her lowest points, we are her fans and we shouldn't ever be trying to make her feel alone or unappreciated.

Think about your own life and wanting to accomplish everything possible, but there are only so many hours in the day and you still need to give time for yourself. Imagine if you had millions of people bugging you for things and making you feel bad about it, when you are probably drowning in everything you want to do. In addition to how hard I can be on myself, I know that would make me feel awful.

So I think that while we are all excited for new things to come- we should maybe remember to understand and accept that she is human and doing what she needs to do to stay healthy and sane, and meanwhile we can do the same for ourselves. We don't give youtube enough credit for how much Gaga footage we can rewatch, and it can be so fun to have a night going back in time and exploring all the old performances we lost our **** for when we first saw it! I just know that it would make me feel terrible, and I wish I saw nicer comments about Gaga in general. 

Lastly- I just want to say I am not coming for anyone specific with this post and I am interested in what others think about this/how they maybe relate. I hope everyone is excited for 2024!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Juanlittlem

The thing is, she's always talking ahead of things and then cancellations/delays happen and fans get mad, and of course they have a reason to be upset. 

I know she's learnt about it and she's trying to be more quiet about her projects, but I do think there's a middle point for these things. Also I do get she strikes for perfection but fans are tired of broken promises. I rarely bother commenting things she does that I don't like, but it's just boring to get content of things you're not interested in, aka Haus Labs or movies if that means taking longer to release music.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If I was Gaga I’d have to put a parental block on Gagadaily to stop checking it and mute all notifications about my name. I think a huge reason she’s more reserved lately is the loud minority of fans who drag her and everything she does through the mud. I wonder if she does check this site, if I had a site dedicated to talking about me I know I would :cryga:

• Like 2

TimotheeChalamet

Also let's not forget about her health: though she has access to pretty much every healthcare in the world, her condition is uncertain and living with a chronic disease is not easy. It can prevent her from making longterm plans and decisions so people should try to walk in her shoes (without falling) and keep in mind that this could play a big role in her career. 

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

The thing is, she's always talking ahead of things and then cancellations/delays happen and fans get mad, and of course they have a reason to be upset. 

I know she's learnt about it and she's trying to be more quiet about her projects, but I do think there's a middle point for these things. Also I do get she strikes for perfection but fans are tired of broken promises. I rarely bother commenting things she does that I don't like, but it's just boring to get content of things you're not interested in, aka Haus Labs or movies if that means taking longer to release music.

I totally understand that, there are things I am not as interested in. I think maybe she talks about things from excitement before the whole plan is understood or confirmed yet and then thats where fans get sad when something changes. I also understand how sad it is to not get new music soon, but at least we can know she is working hard and when we get something new it will be amazing! 

1 hour ago, LilMissThang said:

If I was Gaga I’d have to put a parental block on Gagadaily to stop checking it and mute all notifications about my name. I think a huge reason she’s more reserved lately is the loud minority of fans who drag her and everything she does through the mud. I wonder if she does check this site, if I had a site dedicated to talking about me I know I would :cryga:

I would totally have a secret profile on a fan website if I was a celebrity too haha

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Also let's not forget about her health: though she has access to pretty much every healthcare in the world, her condition is uncertain and living with a chronic disease is not easy. It can prevent her from making longterm plans and decisions so people should try to walk in her shoes (without falling) and keep in mind that this could play a big role in her career. 

Exactly! She knows what she is doing and will continue to be amazing

Economy
3 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

This.

Ppl need to be more respectful and not so entitled

But on the flip side Gaga needs to keep in mind that when you speak prematurely out of excitement and stuff doesnt happen in the end, you end up disapointing fans... The same fans that made her career what it is today

On a positive note, i think both fans and Gaga have improved in this since the early days of her career :applause:

Edited by Economy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Economy said:

This.

But on the flip side Gaga needs to keep in mind that when you speak prematurely out of excitement and stuff doesnt happen in the end, you end up disapointing fans... The same fans that made her career what it is today

On a positive note, i thini both fans and Gaga have improved in this since the early days of her career :applause:

Yes, and it's quite a dilemma for Gaga.  If she speaks prematurely out of excitement and also to let fans know she is working on stuff they want, it could lead to disappointment both for fans and for Gaga.  But if she keeps quiet about her plans, then fans feel she is doing nothing and are disappointed about the silence.   Since plans can change or get cancelled for a variety of reasons, Gaga's in a tough spot.  She can't always make things happen, but she's a good, caring person, and we know she tries.  :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Juanlittlem
4 hours ago, Ronk said:

Yes, and it's quite a dilemma for Gaga.  If she speaks prematurely out of excitement and also to let fans know she is working on stuff they want, it could lead to disappointment both for fans and for Gaga.  But if she keeps quiet about her plans, then fans feel she is doing nothing and are disappointed about the silence.   Since plans can change or get cancelled for a variety of reasons, Gaga's in a tough spot.  She can't always make things happen, but she's a good, caring person, and we know she tries.  :heart:

Yeah thats what I meant with a "middle point" like, there's no need to post "LG7 IS GONNA BE THE BEST ALBUM" but also I dont want her to go missing. Those pics she uploaded in a studio are the perfect example of what I want, she's giving us something without saying too much.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1

River

I mean, they complained about lack of news, but then they got a little teaser from Joker 2 and the thread only has 4 pages.

This fan base only likes to complain and tear gaga down, but when it's time to support her, they are running away.

Maybe some fans just needs to admit that Gaga is not their #1 artist anymore and just leave us alone because their constant negativity and flamebait is exhausting.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Economy said:

This.

On a positive note, i think both fans and Gaga have improved in this since the early days of her career :applause:

No doubt that there is disappointment that happens! I agree with you and think people should stay respectful and not get super mean when something doesn't go as planned. 

• Like 1