đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

What Movie Scenes Traumatized You?

TimotheeChalamet

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Guillermo Del Toro's The Devil's Backbone. That Santi ghost kid was scary af when I was a kid, there's a scene when someone is looking through a door peep hole and Santi's eye pops up, it scared me for life. Of course I watch this now and can see the bad CGI for today's standards but back then I truly had nightmares that time.

Not a movie but a TELENOVELA clearly inspired by Misery. One of the villains tries to burn the protagonist but ends up burning her entire body. Then I don't remember who it is but a man abducts her and breaks her legs so she wouldn't escape. Then she falls into a pit of mice. Truly traumatizing for something that shown to everyone watching it during the day.

Edit: Ok I was just the comments section and the man who breaks Raquela's legs was obsessed with her and helped her escape prison but wants to make her his wife so he broke her legs so she wouldn't escape.

Speaking of telenovelas, there was this show called "Mujer... Casos De La Vida Real" which was a mini series about letters sent by women about their tragic lives. One of the episodes that traumatized me was this kid who loved balloons and one day he got abducted and they took his eyes out but gave him a balloon. Then when the mom finds him he looks up and is wearing something that protects his eyes and asks his mom what color the balloon is.

Edited by Anderson123
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 4

Oriane

Watching Spirited Away at 5 wasn't a good idea :huntyga: The restaurant scene...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

GovernmentHookah

The movie Alive from 1993 about the 1972 plane crash in the Andes Mountains carrying a Chilean soccer team and their families. Half of the team survived for over 40 days by resorting to cannibalism to stay alive. I saw this on TV as a kid and it was one of the saddest movies I ever saw. Netflix is premiering a new mini series next month about this event.

Edited by GovernmentHookah

RebeldeFaith

The after credits scene of 'The Ring.' They straight up added the entire cursed video and I watched it til the end. I was only about 7-8 years old. I had nightmares for years thinking I was cursed.

The last scene of 'The McPherson Tape' traumatized me even more. No kid has any business watching that movie at 2am on TV.

There's an alien abduction series from the 90s called 'Intruders' and for some reason we had a VHS copy. I decided to watch it one day and there was a scene where one of the main characters, a girl, runs behind a kid in the woods trying to catch him. Suddenly he stops running only for the camera to reveal a UFO flying on top of a lake and then he turns around to reveal he's an alien. After that the girls gets abducted. That scene has been engraved in the back of my head ever since.

My favorite type of movies and series has always been horror, especially alien abduction type of horror, but sadly I believe it is also the main reason why I should seek therapy. I can't stay away from it but I'm also extremely terrified of it. :smh:

Something something idk
  • Love 1

When I was a kid I switched on One Hour Photo on the TV randomly to this scene 

And I was completely traumatised, as an adult I rewatched the film and find it to be an underrated masterpiece though 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Juanlittlem

This part of Saw, to this day I still can't watch it.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

TEANUS

Not a movie scene but the sodomy scene at the end of Thirteen Reasons Why S2 left me feeling weird for a few days. Also the entirety of The Girl In the Basement

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

TimotheeChalamet
5 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

I found the scene in The Shining with the blood and the moment he lost it with the axe highly disturbing.

There is also a movie called Jacobs Ladder that had multiple messed up scenes. If you know you know. :ohno:

Jacob's Ladder is a totally underrated and forgotten gem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mother of Puppies
6 hours ago, Roronoa said:

Human centipede 2 

Oh boy I didn’t know there’s a 2nd one :cryga:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Mother of Puppies

Im surprised nobody has mentioned the scene in mother! (Or the last 30 minutes of the movie in general) :huntyga:

Screaming Jennifer Lawrence GIF by mother!

Edited by Mother of Puppies
Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Arcanum

And the hot dog eating scene of the same movie.

I was terrified of hot dogs, of judges, of amusement parks and of Demi Moore

Honorable mention : Fellow greek monsters might be haunted as well by this. I was 2 years young when this greek music video premiered. My brother said that whenever it popped I ran hiding behind the couch because I was afraid of "the witch and the pink bubbles".

Edited by Arcanum
I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • Shook 1

hieronymus
4 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

And the hot dog eating scene of the same movie.

I was terrified of hot dogs, of judges, of amusement parks and of Demi Moore 

AHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THIS MOVIE HOLY FORK. THIS MESSED ME UP TOO. THAT STUPID PENISNOSE

• Thanks 1