💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

New Joker 2 Teaser Image

mamo

Featured Posts

Reality
17 minutes ago, gagzus said:

However, FOR ME personally it just doesn’t make sense from an artistic perspective to make this a musical. However, if there’s only SEGMENTS and it reflects her insanity well then great.

But who knows it could be 10 years from now and we could have a broadway musical version of it who knows.

In one of the behind the scenes features of the first movie, Todd Phillips describes Joaquin's Joker as musical. There are also multiple scenes in the movie where music and dancing play a big part in how Arthur Fleck expresses himself as the Joker.

There's also a rumor that Arthur goes through some sort of musical therapy while in Arkham, so I think the musical elements could naturally be integrated throughout the film. And I'm sure they'll be used to emphasize both Joker and Harley's delusions as opposed to them just bursting out randomly singing and dancing.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č
  • Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

Actually ST is about more than that, plus that musical was crafted from the ground up from an old 4 part melodrama and made into something entirely new that modern audiences don’t associate it with past media and mediums.

However, FOR ME personally it just doesn’t make sense from an artistic perspective to make this a musical. However, if there’s only SEGMENTS and it reflects her insanity well then great.

But who knows it could be 10 years from now and we could have a broadway musical version of it who knows.

Babe, I know what Sweeney Todd is about. I’m just talking about the conceit of a dark/morbid tale being told through music. I think it makes sense from an artistic perspective if you think about the musical numbers as the expression of their mania/shared delusions (“folie a deux”), which appears to be the direction the film is taking. 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash