šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Bradley Cooper's "Maestro"

TimotheeChalamet

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, TheSine said:

I loved it and almost shedded a tear. Leonard Bernstein's work was truly artistic and inspiring. The perspective shots were amazing. The only thing I didn't like was Bradley Cooper's acting...it sounded like he stuck a carrot up his nose during some scenes.Ā :traumatica:

I watched it dubbed and it was more like that. Then I watched some scenes with the original voice and I think he was simply trying to imitate Bernstein's voice.

TheSine
2 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

I watched it dubbed and it was more like that. Then I watched some scenes with the original voice and I think he was simply trying to imitate Bernstein's voice.

Yeah,I know. It still sounded like he had a cold.Ā :ladyhaha:

šŸ–¤TheSinešŸ–¤

The film is great, especially the visual world captured me, both the cinematography and the directorial concept behind it are special. Bradley's makeup was very good, although when he was young he looked more like a young Bradley to me, but when he was old he completely turned into Bernstein. The acting was also excellent from both Bradley and Carey Mulligan,Ā I especially liked the conducting scenes.

The story was a bit long for me, especially some of Bernstein's monologues. With the strong presentation of his personal life, I did not feel a great moral lesson, only the presentation of the life of a successful and far from average person.

Spoiler

I didn't like the dramaturgical change that according to the film, Bernstein and his wife reunite after the Ely Cathedral concert, but in reality he returned home to take care of his wife, who was already suffering from cancer.

I read two completely different reviews of the movie, but I didn't agree with either of them. One said it did a good job of showing the relationships of a bisexual person, but they missed the big "twist" in the story, whatever that might be. I think a story based on real life is often not as surprising as an imagined story.

According to the other, Bernstein humiliated his wife by becoming more and more open about his homosexual adventures. I don't think this is true either, his wife knew the situation from the beginning and acknowledged the open marriage. Rather, she was hurt by the fact that, like many married couples, they grew emotionally distant over time, and the more open external relationships were a sign of this.

Ā 

• Like 1