💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Bradley Cooper's "Maestro"

TimotheeChalamet

Featured Posts

TimotheeChalamet

A couple days ago I've watched Bradley Cooper's last film as both director and main character, "Maestro", a biopic on Leonard Bernstein. 

Talented musician and orchestrator, Leonard Bernstein had an eccentric and complex personality, and the movie covers quite a large span of his life (from his 30s to his 80s, I think) and focuses on his troubled relationships with both men and women (I didn't know he was married and had children while consensually keeping his wife aware of his same-sex adventures). 

Have you seen it? What did you think? 

I found the movie to be amazingly shot with a clever use of BW and color as time progresses, and both Cooper's acting performance and the makeup work to make him look progressively older were incredible. The plot drags a bit towards the end though, similar to A Star Is Born (but this is shorter). 

It's available on Netflix in my country, but I don't know if it's out everywhere 

Carey Mulligan Maestro GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Bradley

A Star Is Born does not drag at the end. Jackson was depressed and about to off himself and it seemed everyone just wanted more screentime for Gaga.

• Like 1

I have started watching it, I'm half way thru. I agree it's amazingly shot, the cinematography is by Matthew Libatique who also did ASIB and I love his style of film making

I don't have critique for the whole movie yet since I haven't finished, but the makeup for when they are getting old is really good so I hope they'll get Oscar nom for that

Also I love the conducting parts, they're really good I thought!

• Love 1

KillerMonster

I have no interest into what this movie is about, but will watch in support Bradley :heart:

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.
  • Love 1

RichAssPiss

This movie is awful. Bradley Cooper with a fake nose grandstanding the whole film. All of the gay lovers are in the margins. Soppy cancer storyline. Just Oscar-bait of the worst kind. 

• Sad 1

ALGAYDO
7 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

This movie is awful. Bradley Cooper with a fake nose grandstanding the whole film. All of the gay lovers are in the margins. Soppy cancer storyline. Just Oscar-bait of the worst kind. 

Spoilers :franminervini:

• Thanks 1

TheSine

I loved it and almost shedded a tear. Leonard Bernstein's work was truly artistic and inspiring. The perspective shots were amazing. The only thing I didn't like was Bradley Cooper's acting...it sounded like he stuck a carrot up his nose during some scenes. :traumatica:

Edited by TheSine
Typo
🖤TheSine🖤

LadyxGaGa

omg i loved it so much. probs one of their best films of the year 

i rly wish gaga did some sort of cameo or they were like doing her songs or idk just with they worked together again 

they ate so magnetic 

TimotheeChalamet
14 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Yes because some of us (like me) are ignorant to this :franminervini:

Don't worry because those are not major spoilers and (while I respect everyone's opinion) the film is objectively not awful :)

11 hours ago, TheSine said:

it sounded like he stuck a carrot up his nose during some scenes. :traumatica:

I've watched it dubbed in Italian so I've dodged that 😂

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Do they show these same sex adventures? 

he kisses half the cast, but no naked scenes at all

• Sad 2