đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Percy Jackson out now on Disney+

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult
On 12/20/2023 at 9:46 AM, hoeslay said:

Ok so be real with me. As an adult - will I like this? Because this was def something I’d be into when I was younger but I don’t know if I can put up with Disney YA stuff. I think I might cringe too much. But if it’s GENUINELY a great watch I’ll check it out

I don’t know if you’ll like it but I do!

Athena deadbeat mom of the century!

• LMAO 1

badfaith

I can't wait for all the episodes to come out!! They're so short :messga: 

LateToCult
16 minutes ago, badfaith said:

I can't wait for all the episodes to come out!! They're so short :messga: 

Need season 2 announcement right meow!!

Future Lovers
On 12/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, hoeslay said:

Ok so be real with me. As an adult - will I like this? Because this was def something I’d be into when I was younger but I don’t know if I can put up with Disney YA stuff. I think I might cringe too much. But if it’s GENUINELY a great watch I’ll check it out

I think so. The source material has a cross generational appeal and has been beloved by readers of all ages. The show follows the book its currently adapting quite closely, and as such its being loved by all ages. 

It’s not a show aimed strictly at any one demographic. Not kids, not teens, not adults. It’s just there to be enjoyed. It is produced by Disney but like a great deal of Disney’s content, it’s not meant to be only for a younger audience. It’s for everyone. 

Juanlittlem

I hate how short the episodes are! I feel like you cant get that much into detail because of it.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

TortureMeOnReplay
On 12/20/2023 at 9:00 AM, Scri said:

I didn't read that much, and honestly... Five books for a backshot? I'm not saying the author is homophobic or anything serious like that, it's just that seen something that is deeply part of a culture reduced to some random sexual things here and there... Like the gay character in the 3rd book. It's a pass for me, but, again, I'm not saying that the author is homophobic or crap like that

Five books for a gay character would make sense if it were true. They were 12 years old and each book pretty much gaps a year. Most 12 year olds weren't even sure they were gay much less willing to talk about it, especially in 2006. I don't think the gay portion of Greek culture really needs much mention in a YA novel, especially since the novel isn't heavy on romance to begin with. The Twilight treatment of the film was a huge issue Riordan had. 

Scri
22 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Five books for a gay character would make sense if it were true. They were 12 years old and each book pretty much gaps a year. Most 12 year olds weren't even sure they were gay much less willing to talk about it, especially in 2006. I don't think the gay portion of Greek culture really needs much mention in a YA novel, especially since the novel isn't heavy on romance to begin with. The Twilight treatment of the film was a huge issue Riordan had. 

I'm not talking about make a 12 years old gay (even tho lots of books before Percy Jackson depicted gay children), but make the context more clear. 

And also I disagree with the terms "gay portion": it's not like today's queer culture in US. Zeus made love (or, better raped, but that's a too serious topic for the book series, I guess) with men and women, that's it. I don't want to say it was exactly the same, because it wasn't (for someone like Plato between men it was better) but it's wider than we usually think. Thinking about the movie Troy, if the director shows Achilles with Pentesiclea they should show Patroclus at the same level. And, in this case, the relationship between A/Pa was stronger than A/Pe.

Also, the fact that the book series isn't heavy on romance it would make it easy for the author to respect sexuality spectrum, since he didn't have to explain exactly what was going on behind. Just show what original texts say as much as you can. Just like the Industry should have done with the movie adaptation, instead of changing it to a Twilight-like.

Don't know if I have explained myself, English isn't really my cup of tea :messga:

But, again, it's really not on the author, it's more on his culture and milieu.

Edited by Scri

monstertoronto
On 12/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, hoeslay said:

Do you still enjoy Harry Potter movies? If you liked the first couple of HP movies especially you will like this. It’s a show about a 12 year old boy so I did feel it skewed pretty young. I watched it but it was sort of background while I did other things. 

gabeoz
On 12/20/2023 at 9:00 AM, Scri said:

I didn't read that much, and honestly... Five books for a backshot? I'm not saying the author is homophobic or anything serious like that, it's just that seen something that is deeply part of a culture reduced to some random sexual things here and there... Like the gay character in the 3rd book. It's a pass for me, but, again, I'm not saying that the author is homophobic or crap like that

This is a kids book series :triggered:

• LMAO 1